2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

99' Blazer leans to the right

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:49 PM
robedw1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99' Blazer leans to the right

Hi, i have a 1999 Blazer that leans to the right, its not that bad but i cant stand it lol! I was wondering if it had something to do with the torsion bar being out of line or not adjusted correctly, someone help please!U.S.N. [sm=patriot.gif]U.S.N.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 PM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 99' Blazer leans to the right

If I recall some of my readings on here, there is a common problem with the blazers leaning (mine does it to the right also) and from what I have read it is from that torsion bar being too loose, so tightening it should fix it, but I would get a second opinion just to back mine up first before doing anything

Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 PM

Alright, thanx. I will prolly take it to my bud and have him check it out, he knows a lot about 4x4 chevys. Thanx again.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

The blazer lean

Just a sagging torsion bar or a sagging leaf spring...or both. Tightening the torsion bar bolt is a temporary fix, but in some time it will sag again, and you'll be topped out at the bolt. Also check out your shocks...If the shock is bad or blown it could put too much force on the torsion bar, causing the sag.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:07 AM

Right on, thanx again yawl! [sm=patriot.gif]

Old 08-01-2008, 06:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 99 Blazer leans to the right

Shocks really are not meant as lifting aids, rather for motion damping. As such, they really don't add a ton to the stance of a vehicle. You are getting a weak torsion bar, leaf spring, or both. As Jason said, you can crank up the torsion bar, but that is a temporary fix. If it is the rear leaf spring, there are other things you can do.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

hey i have this same problem but my tb bolt is all the way in. Could i just buy a longer screw cause its alot cheaper than buying keys or a new tb

Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You probably could, but that torsion bar is about dead if the bolt is all the way in and it is still leaning. Sooner or later it will just give up.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

You probably could, but that torsion bar is about dead if the bolt is all the way in and it is still leaning. Sooner or later it will just give up.
give up meaning... it could break?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

It is possible, either that or you will just run out of adjustment that can be made even with a longer bolt.

Quick Reply: 99' Blazer leans to the right