2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

? about 97 chevy tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Beginning Member
wiblazerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ? about 97 chevy tahoe

I replaced all 4 o2 sensers and both cats and still get code po 153 bank 2 senser 1 slow response. what the hell does that mean. I can not find an explanation on what it means. local dealer wants me to bring it in to look at it. they wont even tell me. cost me way to much already. some one told me about corroisn on the plug connectors? coul that be? sorry for any miss spelled words. any ideas would be great. thank you

Old 09-13-2009, 06:19 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

That would be the O2 sensor on the passenger side tail pipe before the 'Y' in front of the catalytic converter. Probably shot and needs replacing. Don't bother getting any brand except AC/Delco because you will most likely start having problems from it if you do.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Beginning Member
wiblazerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry all 4 have been replaced

Originally Posted by rriddle3
That would be the O2 sensor on the passenger side tail pipe before the 'Y' in front of the catalytic converter. Probably shot and needs replacing. Don't bother getting any brand except AC/Delco because you will most likely start having problems from it if you do.

I replaced all 4 o2 sensers. I still get the same code. even replaced the cats. (one started to rattle) hopeing thats the problem. It wasent. so 4 new 02 sensers and two new cats and still the same problem. but for some reason i think they told me it was the 02 behind the cat on pass side. i dont know. the same code is the reason i started to replace things. 135 thousands miles on the truck. looks like all factory parts. But that dont mean anything. I am gona take out spark plugs and see what they look like again . then check wires again. For some reason I think this all started when i replaced the spark plugs. all ac delco plugs and wires. could that mean nything. plugs looked like they been in there for a while. 4 new o2 sensers/ two new cats/ 4 new tires/ new fuel pump/ rear window seals/ front driver side cv axel shaft new plugs and wires. soon i am gona have to replace upper and lower ball joint. all in two years. dam trucks anyhow