2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ABS light

Hey guys. So I got hit a couple weeks ago and I got my vehicle back from the shop last night. So im driving and I hit a bump and I saw my abs light turn on for the first time ever. Its blinked a couple times and its alwayswhenI hit bumps. I knowI have a warped rotoron the Front Passenger side butI wouldnt think that would suddenly make it blink.Any thoughts?
Thanks

Old 12-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ABS light

i know this is basic but check your abs fuse and the contacts that the fuse inserts into.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:42 PM
lowe42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably your ABS harness has been damaged. It can be repaired for alot cheaper than replacing it in most cases.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:05 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

am having a simular problem
when i start my truck, and start to drive i will hear a buzzing sound while my abs light is on then it will turn off
i think it might be the sensors going bad

Old 12-07-2008, 12:53 AM
PABlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

in my last car i hit a deer and then my abs light came on... all my fuses were fine... but the plug going into the houseing was broke.. i would say check that out also... cuz that could b a easy fix too...

Old 12-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The most common problem is a broken wire to the ABS sensor.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

So most of the damage was on the drivers side. No damage to wheel that I can see. Im really unhappy with the company I went with. The hood still has a buckle in it, the fender isnt alligned correctly, the fender and door are orange peeled, then on my driver side glass I have someone elses vin eched into the glass, not to mention for lack of a better term the ds wheel appears to be dog legging.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

check your hub bearing i had my abs light on forever come to find out that it was a bad hub bearing, once that was replaced no more light

Old 12-10-2008, 08:28 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

i actually replaced the hub bearing some 20000 ago
its not really an annoyance i just dont want it messing up something and me not know it
ill back out of the driveway with no light, put it in gear, hear a buzzing sound for about 30 sec with no light, then it will quit and the light comes on and stays on
i havent hit anything, just driven it like i always do

Old 12-10-2008, 08:45 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

see the problem with me was i replaced the hub bearing and light would go on after reverse as well, then i said why not see if it was a faulty hub bearing i just put on so i bought another hub bearing and installed that and there you go no more light. So basically autozone sold me a bad hub bearing.

Quick Reply: ABS light