2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ac followup

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ac followup

Checked(jumped) the low press. sw. and it did not engage the clutch. Now what? I will be follwing the TS guide in the manual, but if there are shortcuts... please feel free to offer them up... Thanks in advance.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: ac followup

You could try supplying power directly to the clutch. Easiest way is with another plug from a junker and run it to the battery with a 20A fuse on the positive wire. The dark green wire is the +12V supply from the relay. Black with white tracer is the ground.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point

Power directly to the clutch for? add 134? what about fixing the problem preventing the clutch in the first place? Not the Low Press. Sw., now what? Not sure where to look at now. Please some suggestions thanks..

Old 08-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You need to determine if it is the clutch itself, hence why I suggested supplying power directly to the clutch. You start there and work back through the system. *insert edit* From another post (keep things together maybe) I just read that you do not have any voltage at the clutch. Is the fuse still good? Is the relay good? Have you jumped power at the relay by removing it as suggested in other posts? *end insert edit*

If you do not want to follow my advice, please say so now and I will not reply again. Also, there is a LOT of info here about A/C issues. Search is a handy tool.

You have a problem with your system, that is clear. From all of your other threads on this problem (keeping all of this in one thread would have been so much better), it seems as though it may be outside of your ability to diagnose and repair. Please do not take this as a slam, I am just trying to be realistic. You could keep on working on it and eventually fix it, but your time costs money as well. Could you be better spending your time?

Problems such as these are very hard to diagnose over the internet and it seems you are doing a lot of waiting around for answers from someone else. I am trying to save you some time and aggravation. I am not trying to take a stab at your ability to repair your vehicle.