2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Alarm System Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:22 PM
gocartone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alarm System Problem

Hi I just got my Blazer and was having trouble figuring out how to use the factory alarm on it. It has the little security light on the dash when I open the door and I read how to use it in the manual. But when I click the lock button on the keyless entry with the window open and open it up from the inside all that happens is the security light on the dash lights up. The lights don't flash and the horn doesn't honk. Anyone know what could be wrong/unhooked? If not I guess I will just have to bring it in at school and figure it out. Thanks

Old 10-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Alarm System Problem

that security light is just really for the passlock. most dont really have an alarm.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:59 PM

But when I try getting in after I lock it with the keyless button like it says and leave the window open and try to open it from the inside the security light goes on and stays on until I hit the unlock button like it says in the book. The people who sold it to me also said it had an alarm. So I was thinking maybe someone unhooked it or something like that?

Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

if it was a factory alarm, no real way to unhook it without disabling the keyless as well. the flashing is normal. check the fuse panel. thats all I got. i could help you troubleshoot an aftermarket alarm, but factory ones are goofy!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 PM

I wasn't talking about the flashing though I'm saying that when I hit the lock button with the keyless pad and leave the window open and try to open it by reaching in and pulling on the inside handle without opening the door because it won't open unless I manualy unlock it the security light comes on and stays on. Even if I do manualy unlock it and get in the security light is still on not flashing but on solid and doesn't go out until you press the unlock button on the keyless. So I think that it is unhooked somehow I really doubt that it's just passlock.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 AM
redpeppers is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is an easy to check and see if you have a factory alarm. Open the drivers door, roll down the window. Remove the key from the ignition (with the driver door still open) lockthe system with the factory lock switch that is located on the drivers door panel. The security lightwill illuminate and stay on solid. Once the security light is done remaining solidreach into the drivers window and manually unlock the drivers door and open the door if the alarms sounds....then you have a factory alarm if not...then no.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 AM

It does all that but when I reach in and pull on it the security light turns back on and stays on but no alarm or anything which makes me think it was unpluged somewhere.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:20 PM

Well just got the truck back today and found out I wasn't waiting long enough for the alarm to engage. She works perfect. But now I found out I need a new right front wheel bearing