Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:36 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alarm System

Since i put a nice system in my blazer i want to tint my front windows and get an alarm system. I have a factory alarm system but i want to get an aftermarket one too. I was wondering what kind of alarms you guys would suggest? and what is the best bang for the buck? If i could get one that has Autostart, keyless entry, and panic that would be a plus. Thanks for the help! =)

Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Alarm System

well, with the addition of an after market Alarm/RS combo, you will not need the factory alarm. Really just depends on what you want to spend. I sell and install Avital (4400) is a nice combo, and also Viper. The majority of Combos will include a 2way feature that will give you a visual of what is happening with your car. Astrostart, Viper, Clifford, Avital, Autopage and some of the higher end Ungos are nice units. If you look on ebay and get certain model numbers of the companies listed above, (others are generic and low quality in my opinion) and PM those model numbers to me, I can give you recomendations based on that. I can also give you the wiring diagrams for your car and even walk you through the installation of the unit. I install about 30 remote start combos a week. You will also need a Passlock II bypass, I would recommend the Directed 556lw, or the PLXR or the XK06 both found at bypasskits.com.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:19 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an Ungo SR6000 Remote Start/Security System, I have the 2-way pager with LCD display. The remote start is awesome in the winter. It is only about $150 shipped off eBay, but you will need other stuff such as the Passlock II, rear hatch popper (if you want it), frequency sensor, shock sensor and more.
I strongly suggest the Ungo SR6000 over the Viper 791XV (top of the Viper line) because the SR6000 has additional features such as a parking timer and other stuff that the 791XV doesn't have. BTW, Viper is a brand name so it costs more than the Ungo, but they are both made by the same company, Clarion.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Administrator

which is in turn made by Directed. You only need a relay to do the rear hatch release, no "popper" needed. I suggested some of the others becasue of ease of installation. and Price! The 4400 comes with a shock sensor.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:55 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

my dei starter is a pretty solid unit.......just wish it had more range....has maybe 1 block at best..........but if you hold the remote to the bottom of your chin, itextends the distance a little.....

Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 AM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know if this is a good deal or not? or is it just a generic set-up?

Clicky

fixed long link - hillbilly

Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator

blazinloud, then you might want to check how they installed the antenna. I have a three block radius or so with my DEI Avital 4400.

And hockeykid15, that looks to be a generic unit, might not be that good of quality, but it also might be a nice unit. I just wouldnt buy it.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

well its right above my rear view mirror......along with the antenae for the alarm......one points down and one to the passenger side, like an L.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I have the cliford matrix 10.5X , its a nice system but reprograming a new remote is a pain and i'm not a fan of Directed's RMA service. But i love the alarm.