2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Any Certified GM mechs out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:07 AM
migraywolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Certified GM mechs out there?

I posted a 4x4 question yesterday, but haven't had much feedback. I am looking at possibly buying a 99 S10 Blazer (Trailblazer package) and when I drove it the 4x4 High/Auto/Low lights would continue to blink upon selection of any of them. I pushed 4x4 high while driving and the light blinked constantly (not sure if it engaged). I pushed Auto and the same thing. I stopped, put trans in neutral and selected 4x4 Low and I heard/felt it engage, but the light would not go steady (only blinked constantly). I am hoping that this might be a minor fix, but need to try to make the best educated decision on this purchase. I would greatly appreciate help on this.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:21 AM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Any Certified GM mechs out there?

Well im not a GM mechanic but it sound like its not engaged. This could be due to many issues.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:26 AM
migraywolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I definitely heard and felt an engagement in Low range. I know that when you select 4x4 high that you won't feel the engagement (its smooth). I think it is engaging, but can't figure out why the lights keep blinking. There must be a fault/failure somewhere in the system.
I appreciate your reply. This vehicle is very clean, but I'm leary now because I don't know if this is a serious issue or not.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

WHY post yet another thread on the issue? This kind of flagrant disregard for the rules of the forum really makes me want to jump right up and spend my time to help you. If the problem is present, ask the seller to fix the problem. Take it to get it inspected by a competent mechanic. Use the search function here...

Come on! Have just an ounce of patience here! If you want free advice, you have to be patient. If you want instant advice, you friendly neighborhood mechanic is waiting for your hard earned money!

If you have to make a ridiculous statement like "I posted a 4x4 question yesterday" when starting another thread on the SAME subject, you should have realized that you should have just asked in the original thread.

*Thread CLOSED* - Duplicate Thread - Double posting is prohibitted by the rules of the forum.