2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Autel MD801 Code reader

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Beginning Member
V8 BUG is on a distinguished road
Default Autel MD801 Code reader

Problem. Will not communicate with my 2001 Blazer LT. Works fine on my 2003 GMC Denali? I don't know what to do. I get an intermitten abs and brake light (i think its a wheel bearing problem) but I bought this thing to check all my vehicles. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks

Kevin

Old 12-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Beginning Member

Bump...bump

Old 12-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As with every thread about scantool communication problems, check the CIG fuse. If the lighter isn't getting power, neither is the DLC.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks I will check that. I hope it can be someting easy like that.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

Start the truck, then plug it in. Mine acts funny when I only turn the key forward. It won't communicate for like 45 secs it seems.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Beginning Member

I do NOT have power in the cig lighter socket that is in the ash tray. The 2 aux ports on the pass side near there have power. The little light that is in the ash tray works. I checked every small fuse and cannot find one that is blown. I am not sure which one it is as i cannot find anything that says cig or anything like that. I am checking the fuses under the hood in the main panel. Is there another spot for fuses or could it be some kind of fusable link? My code reader screen light came on when I plugged it into the Denali but doesn't come on when plugged into the Blazer.

Thanks

Kevin

Sorry for the trouble I found the fuse in the dash location and was blown. I will now go use the scan tool.

Thanks

The scan tool works now. The backlight came on right away. Now for all the codes that were in the reader wow. I have cleared all of them to get a fresh start. I am chasing an abs brake light signal but think its just a result of a bad wheel bearing. I just want to make sure I replace the correct one, they aren't cheap.

Thanks again
Kevin

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-07-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Starting Member
justinpeyton is on a distinguished road
Default 98 blazer

how do u post...i cant find it out

Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by V8 BUG
The scan tool works now.
Glad you got it fixed up and working. What were the stored codes?
Originally Posted by justinpeyton
how do u post...i cant find it out
Just like that...

Old 12-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Beginning Member

Well there were a bunch, but I was expecting some since I ran the truck without the air intake tube on with the 2 sensors unplugged. I also am having a problem with the little rubber elbow hose that connects the exhaust manifold with some type of emmision control stuff. When I plugged these ports the engine light comes on. Without them plugged it sounds like a really bad exhaust leak. I have put a length of heater hose on it and the check engine light went off. Now I am just waiting for the abs/brake light to reappear to ensure it is the noisy wheel bearing the is the problem.
I cleared the codes to get a fresh start.

Thanks

Kevin

Old 12-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Administrator

I have found that it is often easier to get all the codes down, then just mark off those that can be easily explained and concentrate on the ones that can't be easily explained.