2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

beltronics profes. fx1

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 PM
peeps96 is on a distinguished road
Default beltronics profes. fx1

I picked up one of those beltronics fx1 performance meters on ebay. the only fx1s ive seen are yellow but this ones red and says professinal series on it. well anyway it didnt come with a manual and i think your suppose to set your cars weight first. anyone know how to work these things?

so far my best 0-60 was 10.01 sec
best 1/4 was like 16 something. the most horsepower it reads from starting at a standstill is like 80 but it reads like 230 from a rolling start. I'm thinking that may be rite do to the magnaflow and wait4me pcm. but then agian i have no idea

Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The SCFI motors are rated at 190HP and I doubt the tune and a muffler added 40HP (do not take that as criticism towards you please). You should have to input your vehicle weight (with you in it) at the very least for the meter to properly calculate WHP of your vehicle. Also note that WHP (wheel HP) is not the same as CHP (crank HP). There will be roughly a 20% drop in HP from drivetrain losses for a 2wd s-series truck.

You can get the manual for your device at Beltronics.com.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:33 PM
peeps96 is on a distinguished road

actually it didnt seem like criticism at all and thanks alot for the link, I learned alot. The weight was totally off at like 3200 pounds and the meter has average hp and max, with the mph your making it at. with me being silly I thought the second number was torque . Its a 96 2wd 4 door blazer and I looked through all the manuel but cant find the wieght. any idea on what it weighs? and thanks agian, I could write a book on the info ive learned from your posting and totally respect you and ur knowledge.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Shooting from the hip here, I'd say its around 3400-3600 curb weight. I believe that the 2dr 4wd has a curb weight of ~3800lbs so that would be about right. You could always find a weigh station and see what it weights exactly.