2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer 1997 donts start and all Control lights ar dark

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Beginning Member
poertsch is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer 1997 donts start and all Control lights ar dark

Hallo to the Chevy Forum. The last couple days i was seen in the morning when i start my Blazer and i was driving about 40-50 meters and my feed was removed from the gas pedal that the Rpm counter was going down till to 0 and then my Blazer was going off. I hat to stop him and than i start again and it was working driving fine. But today the problem was coming up but more times. I was driving down the hill and still i was driving the Blazer he was shutting of. I was driving to the side and park him. Pull back the key but at that time i was seen that no control lamp inside of the Dashboard was lightning up. Also not the green one for the daylights. I can turn the key starter will work but Chevy don't start. All normal light working fan is working internal lights are working.
My question is can it be that the starter switch is defect or maybe an relays that would work. Because i think the motor will not get any gas and the fuel pump will not start. I have no idea what and where i can start to search for my problem. Thanks for your help in this point.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like the beginning of an ignition switch failure. I would test the resistance between the input & output wires of the ignition switch as shown in the 97 power distribution wiring diagrams attached to THIS POST.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Beginning Member
poertsch is on a distinguished road

I think it will be the ignition switch because you remember that i was posting the problem with my transmission that will only was working with the 3 gear. I was making a bridge to the wire that will goes to the solenoid valve. And than i was working fine again, Because i hat only 6 Volt to the direction to the valves. And so i think now the switch will be dad at all.

is there any pictures of the ignition switch how i can remove him. because i have now idea where in how i can start to replace this switch. Some pics will be wonderfull for me thanks at all.

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-30-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post and use the multi-quote feature to reply to more than one person.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a tech article on the 98+ trucks. There are some differences for the '95-'97 though, but you should get the gist of it.