2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer cranks over and starts but stops running immediately

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:24 PM
JMAC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer cranks over and starts but stops running immediately

Thanks Kyle.....I did mange to get around the air bag system and disconnected it. I was able to split the covers around the wheel and work them out without taking the steering wheels off. Your diagram was a big help in getting the switch loose and unplugged from everything. I am now only waiting for the new switch to come in. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Jerry

Old 03-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No problem! Let us know how it goes!

Old 03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
JMAC is an unknown quantity at this point

Got new switch in yesterday and put in. Everything works fine. Blazer cransk up and runs fine. Door locks now work and there are no problems. I did find earlier that the RKE had been unplugged some sort of way and I think that is why the door locks weren't working initially. I don't think if had anything to do with ignition switch. It could have. At any rate, works like a charm now. The diagrams for igniton switchremoval were a big help. Thanks for all the advice and all the help. You guys are the greatest.

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you VERY much for the follow up Jerry! It is difficult when people get the advice and leave, never to be heard from again. You don't know what the outcome was. I am glad you got it all fixed up!!

Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 PM
miamiii13 is on a distinguished road
Default same problem

I sorta have the same problem, but when I spray starter fluid in throttle body it starts and stays running. Once it runs for a second it will start right back up without spraying anything in throttle body. But if u let it sit for a while u will have to do same thing over again. Also when it is cold out, below freezing, it almost never starts. The colder it is out the harder it starts. It started bout 6 months ago and is getting slowly worse over time, but engine runs fine when it finally gets started. I did notice there is a 3/4 inch hose coming from the left side (looking at front of car) under the bumper where the oil filter is, on left of oil filter. going to no where it's about 2 1/2 feet long, bent sort of like a long s, not connected and I cannot figure out where it goes. Also it sucks in like a vacume. Even with it off, it still runs fine, no loss of power. Engine shakes alittle bit I cannot see anywhere that it would go any ideas some1 plz help.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Administrator

What might it be that you are driving miamiii13?

That hose that is on the passenger side of the radiator fan shroud is for the AIR pump. It is supposed to be like that.

Have you tested fuel pressure?

Nevermind. I will move your other post and respond there.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 AM
C.Daniels is on a distinguished road

had a similar problem....sounds just like the issue. Under the hood in the power block (fuse panel) there is an 15 amp fuse labeled TBI...check it. I spend alot of money trying to fix mine when this happened...and one day I was standing there bewildered and looking at fuses...behold the 15 amp fuse was burned...replaced it and all was fine! the freakin truck sat for 6 weeks! and several people looked at it.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Administrator

It is always a good idea to start any diagnosis with a quick continuity test of all of the fuses.

There is no fuse labeled TBI in the underhood fuse block on a 2001 (98+ for that matter)... Closest I see is TBC (truck body computer - a.k.a. body control module).