2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer dies when slowing down

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:47 AM
sffans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer dies when slowing down

Thanks Do you think the 1 o2 sensor can be causing all the problems. I will check the wiring and stuff when I get home. Thanks again

Old 03-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to hijack your post but, this holds relative information to my problem as well.

I now know that I DO have an exhaust leak somewhere around my muffler. My RPM likes to jump up and down about 45MPH and up yet, I'm not getting a check engine light. Can the erratic RPM jumps be caused by this?

Old 03-31-2008, 12:59 PM

Well if you know the fix please let me know.Thanks

Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point

The fix for an exhaust leak ( in my case, it wasn't welded fully) would be to have it completely welded closed. Kinda like fixing a hole in a wall, if you get my point. (Mines leaking where my muffler was welded on (used stock pipe))

I know the fix, I'm just wondering if this can cause erratic RPM.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:06 PM

ok I see yea mine idles fine except when you start slowing down or come to a stop it will die. It does not do this every time just sometimes.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:41 PM

wow my blazer now stumbles on accelretion tell it gets up to speed then it is fine. My check engine lights are now off and it does not die when slowing. Who knows. THANKS

Old 04-03-2008, 12:43 PM

Does the fuel pump just go out or does it gradually go? My Blazer now stumbles on acceleration.It will eventually go it just takes some feathering. It still also dies when slowing down. Thanks For the help

Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 PM

Does anybody know if the fuel pump just goes out or if they gradually go?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Many just die, but I have seen some get weak, but typically if they are weak, it will affect high RPM supply sooner than low RPM supply.

Do you have a voltage gauge on your dash? If so, what does the voltage look like at idle when you experience the problem?

Old 04-05-2008, 06:22 AM

The voltage looks fine. I hooked up a fuel pressure gage up and when I turned on the key it went to 54psi. then slowly dropped to 40psi. But the car does start and run. I pulled the fuel tank off and I am replacing the fuel pump now. The top of the fuel tank was leaking where the lines go in. They were also very lose. Could this be the problem. Thanks alot

Quick Reply: Blazer dies when slowing down