2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer electrical

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 03:11 PM
rafa.jrbarajas is on a distinguished road
Default blazer electrical

i got a 97 blazer Ls and there is a problem with the break lights.the lights work but when i press the brakes the break lights wont turn on.i checked the fuse its fine i checked the bulb its fine but the lights just will not turn on please help will be very appreciated....

Old 06-20-2009, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

You might need a new brake switch which is located on the brake pedal shaft up under the dash. About $14 bucks from the dealer or auto store. Pretty easy to change out.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Default thanks

yea i was looking at it earlier today. it looked pretty easy to replace i just dont know if there is any way you can test it before i buy one

Old 06-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does the center high mount stop lamp work? If so, then the brake switch is working perfectly fine.

The multifunction switch controls the lower brake lights as well as the turn signals & hazard lights (they all use the same bulbs). So you could have an issue with the multifunction switch.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Default Thanks

thanks alot i think that is the problem cause my turn signals and my lower brake lights and my emergency lights dont work..........

Will i have to take the steering wheel off to change it.....?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Default damn

i just found out how much that multifunction switch costs..............for one with cruise control it costs $175.00 that is alot is there any way i can get it cheaper

Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can possibly get away with repairing it for $15 if the hazard switch is the only problem. Run a search. PNs have been posted in the past for just the hazard switch.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Default o

its every thing the hazard the turn signals and the lower brake lights dont work so what should i do

Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Giggle the hazard switch around. See if that changes things. If it does, then it is a good possibility that you can get away with just replacing the hazard switch.

I believe there is a tutorial in the Tech Article (DIY) section know that I think of it...

Old 06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Default your saying

so your saying if i jiggle the hazard light thing around that it might change the way the things are like it will fix my lights and my turn signals??????? oh by the way my hazard button is broken off just like that one in the article

Quick Reply: blazer electrical