2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer electrical

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Then I would replace that first. The contacts on the hazard switch are the last link in the turn/hazard/stop light circuit before the bulb (wiring aside).

Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Beginning Member
95POSmoneypit is on a distinguished road

I picked up a switch from the local junk yard for $35. Had to pull it out of a same year van, but works great. My haz switch was a goner too, but the switch did not fix the problem. The wires for the trailer lights had wiggled around too much and shorted out. Now all my lights work like a champ... except the center light...

Old 06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
rafa.jrbarajas is on a distinguished road
Default need help

i put a post up a while ago about a multifunction switch it controls the lower brake lights the hazard and the turn signals im going to buy it in about 10 minutes so i need to know where it is located can any one tell me please???????

Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Probably would be good to have this in the other thread...

The multifunction switch is what the turn signal stalk is connected to and part of. It is in the steering column.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM

thanks i already bought it.should be coming in on Thursday found new one with a warranty for only 60 bucks they wanted to charge me 175 bucks at auto zone

Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Angry multifunction switch?

well i put a post up on why my brake lights and my hazard lights and my turn light are not working....turns out it was not the brake switch cause the top light works so i was told it was the multifunction switch so i bought a new one and installed it turns out its not that either

can any one tell me anything else that it could be please........????????

Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Probably would be good to have this in the other thread...

The multifunction switch is what the turn signal stalk is connected to and part of. It is in the steering column.

now when you said it is in the steering column where exactly did you mean

Old 07-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Did you read the sentence preceding the "It is in the steering column." from my post which you quoted? Have you tried to search for other threads on the subject?

I am confused though... You say that you replaced the multifunction switch, but then you ask where it is... Which is it?

The turn signal stalk (that thing that sticks out the left side of the steering column just behind the steering wheel that you use to turn on your turn signals, wipers, high beams, or mess with your cruise) is part of the multifunction switch, the rest of which is located inside the steering column under the covers.

And please try to keep your threads together. You started another one just today... I am going to merge them all together so that everyone can see what has already been suggested and what the results were rather than keeping things disjointed.

*Threads Merged*