2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer to Envoy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:15 AM
blajeans is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer to Envoy

Hello over there, I´m interested in converting the front on my Blazer to an Bravada. Is it only the lights and grill that are different or do I need anything else?
Can somebody recommend a junk yard in US/Canada that can have this parts for sale? Or is there any member of this excellent forum that are having this in his garage?
I must ship all parts from US because the Bravada were never sold over here so I should appreciate all help I can get with this.

Thanks in advance
Majk

Last edited by blajeans; 03-13-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Sadchevy is on a distinguished road

if you have a s-blazer then the envoy front end will not work. the envoy and blazer are differnet body styles. if you have a trailblazer then it is possible.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:20 AM

Ah, sorry I mixed them up ... it´s the Bravada lights and grille Im looking at.

My bad, can the moderators change my topic to the correct model? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what year Envoy you are talking about. Like the Trailblazer trim level used on the s-series blazer from '99 (I think) to 2001, the GMC Jimmy had the Envoy trim level. The Envoy Jimmy's were the only s-series truck to come stock with HID headlamps.

Basically, you would need the bumper, bumper cover, grill, and headlights. Everything else will swap over.

And even if you are talking about the newer GMT360/370 platform front end, nothing is impossible. An old member had an s-series blazer with a newer Trailblazer front end graphed on. Looked VERY nice.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Sadchevy is on a distinguished road

if the blazer and bravada are the same model year its an easy swap. would just need an entire front clip .....hood, fenders ,grille,radiator support,bumpers.......etc........

Old 03-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the creases in the hood, there is no difference in where they mate up. The fenders and radiator core support are the same. The Bravada does have the ground effects/fender flares which would need to be added if that is the actual direction the OP is going. Of course, that is for the '98+ trucks which the OP has.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 AM

I was thinking of just changing headlights and grill ... I thought that I could keep my stock bumper ... or?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Administrator

I believe they'll connect up just fine, however, you will have a gap under the headlights. The Jimmy/Envoy/Bravada headlights are shorter than the Blazer headlight & turn signal combination. The grill on the Blazer extends under the turn signals. On the Jimmy/Envoy/Bravada, the bumper cover extends up to fill the gap under the headlight.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Will the headlights mount up directly? I was just curious if they fit the same radiator support

Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Yep, same radiator support. The clips for the grills are in the same spots.

Quick Reply: Blazer to Envoy