2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Help. I need someone who knows engins

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Beginning Member
bking004 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Blazer Help. I need someone who knows engins

okay so I have a 99 Blazer. I recently replaced my rear break pads, everything went well, I bleed breaks and everything. Now when I push the breaks I get this weird blowing sound coming from the pedal area. It only does this while its running and I looked under the hood and discovered a detached vacuum hose. It was hooked at one end but not the other. I looked and looked for what it could of been connected to and can't find anything. I posted a video on youtube showing the problem. maybe one of you could watch the video and point me in the right direction? Please help - Thanx

Here's the video link:

Last edited by bking004; 08-03-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

looks like its for your brake booster . look under the booster see what you find

Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Beginning Member

okay im going to check it now.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

You are missing the section of hose that goes from the check valve (the white plastic dealio) to the vacuum canister/reservior located in the fender well.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Beginning Member

Its def not going to the break booster, there is already a vacuum hose there and everything is okay there. I couldn't find the vacuum canister/reservoir.

The hose to the left goes to the center of the engine and the one going down is connected to some smaller hose going off into a wire harness, I have no idea where the third hose goes.

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-03-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Just to make sure... is that 'loose end' of that check valve open? Have a hole I mean. Some universal replacement parts are blanked off and you cut that end if you need it, like a tube of caulk.

Frankly that booster sounds like the diaphragm, or slide gate seal is broken. And it wouldnt be making any noise if it wasnt connected to vacuum.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Beginning Member

yeah.... i just took a second look at it and i found out where the hose goes. I hooked it back up but that doesn't fix the break problem. so should i replace the booster?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Well it would help if you had a vacuum gauge and the proper setup but the easiest practical test is to find a safe open space, get rolling put engine in neutral and shut it off. Then brake. Usually you get at least two pumps before vacuum is gone.

If the brakes get hard immediately, it's a bad booster.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Beginning Member

ok, Ill try it in the morning, thanx for the help, I'll let u know what happens tomorrow.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Video's been removed... But I agree with the booster assessments given. Run through the checks given and see how they turn out.

Quick Reply: Blazer Help. I need someone who knows engins