2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer lookover

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:02 PM
igs4dragon8 is on a distinguished road
Default blazer lookover

what things do i need to look over wean inspecting a 02 4x4,
i live in the middle of Arkansas,

Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

what i look for in general:

make sure that the 4x4 engages in all settings
check oil
check coolant
ask if they have any records of service
look at brakes
tire tread
check that the hvac works in all positions and temps
look for leaks

on these esp with the lower intake being issues look at that area for leaks or puddles of coolant on engine.
also during test drive listen for loud humming if they have normal tires on it that could be a hub bearing going.

i always take it to a shop that offers free inspections if ever in doubt.

all i can think of.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Well,here is what i do. When i get any vehicle i dont worry about brakes,or minor stuff. Because when i get it i always buy new calipers,rotors,brakes,tune up stuff etc. Look for big stuff like water in the oil (if oil looks like a chocolate milkshake run away) and look for big oil leaks towards the rear (may have to pull engine). Look at condition of the trans fluid. is it brown? if so,stay away. Main importance is making sure engine and tranny is ok. anything else is going to fail sometime or another anyways.

Drive it. Look for hard shifts. If engines quiet dont worry about it. anything like sensors etc is nothing. As long as you dont hear anything knocking etc you are alright. Make sure title is clear and go for it if everything seems alright.Good luck to you man.