2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer stalling :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:58 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Vitctor look on Amazon for these items, price are much cheaper

Old 06-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Beginning Member
Victorblaze is on a distinguished road

so i changed out the fuel pressure regulator the middle port on the driver side was cleaned out. i put everything back together ran it for a while an it stilled stalled once the engine and temp got up to operating temp. at this point im stumped. when it stallsthe car will turn on if i prime it serveral tims but stalls and if i give it gas it stalls faster.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

It could be that one of the injector hoses in the plenum is leaking. Did you do a pressure and leakdown test after replacing the fuel pressure regulator? You may have solved one of your problems by replacing the regulator but there may still be another problem. If the leakdown rate has slowed then you've solved part of your problem but not all of it.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member
Victorblaze is on a distinguished road

no i didnt do a leak down test my fuel pressure gauge broke and i also think the fuel pump might be going out because when i changed the fuel filter it had a bunch of black gunk in it. i will go back next week (the truck is currently at my fathers house an i live 45 min from him) ill get a new pressure gauge and go from there. in this case if an injector is leaking the whole spider will need to be replaced right

Old 06-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I think you're right about the whole spider being replaced because of a bad injector. It might be possible to replace just the one hose and poppet nozzle. I've heard of that but I don't know for sure. Replacing the whole spider sure is easier and if you upgrade to the newer MPFI spider you'll see an improvement in performance and economy.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Lanny is on a distinguished road

Yeah youll definatley need to replace the whole spider, these trucks are notorious eaters of spider assemblies, I believe you can actually get replacement poppets but it is cheaper to replace the entire assembly.

Side note;
when i went threw my fuel shinanigans last year i to bought an FPR in hope that it would be the cheap fix, i bought a BWD brand FPR from advance auto, replaced the old to no prevail, after much forehead smashing i found that on the FPR outer barrel was a spacer and an o-ring and i simply had to switch them around, did that and she fire right up. of course 3 months later the spider took a poopie and had to do it anyway.

so like i said before i would just replace the entire assembly, also, im sure the fuel pump will at some point need to be replaced, but keep this in mind, that is a major pita job, be absolutley sure you need to do it before you do it. get a new fp gauge and do another leak down test.

Last edited by Lanny; 06-16-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-16-2013, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran

Why do people think that changing the fuel pump is so hard, 2 bolts 1-1/2 hrs max

Also if its stalling when it gets warm I would its because something is expanding and causing the trouble. I`ve also heard that the temp sensor going bad can cause this

Old 06-16-2013, 07:40 AM
spittybays

Fear of the unknown, chased stuff for three months one time. After it, I was like what's the big deal. One regret did not remove the anti siphon Ping-Pong ball when I was in there.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:04 AM
BF Veteran

I just put my jack under it and lowered slowly. Extra set of hands helps

Old 06-17-2013, 04:16 PM
inhalation2 is on a distinguished road
Default Xtreme Blazer

I did a fuel pump swap 2 months back with a cheap pump off of ebay I thought I would save money, After a month and half it went out So I fork over the money for a Delphi i hope I can get Five years or more out of it.

Quick Reply: Blazer stalling :(