2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blinkers got me a Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Beginning Member
watchthis is on a distinguished road
Default Blinkers got me a Ticket

Well a warning anyways. On my way to class I get pulled over for failure to signal. Turns out I have to blinkers, no indicators in the dash, no clicking sound from under the radio. I searched on here for info. I saw that it could be the mulifunction switch. I looked on ebay and they go for around $150..ouch just for blinkers. So I just want to know if there is a way to know for sure thats the problem.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:53 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

have you checked the bulbs? or the fuse?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by watchthis
Turns out I have to blinkers,
do mean no blinkers? as in your turn signals aren't working?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member

Yea turn signals arent working and I have no indicators in my dash so when you click left you get an arrow blinking left, dont have that.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

x2 on fuse. if it was a bad bulb, it would make a fast blinky sound when you signal.
Also could be a bad ground in the back. A tester would show that fairly easily before throwing $150 at a possible solution i would exhaust the easy stuff first. Also it doesnt say where you are located, but some states run lights and such as "fix-it" tickets, meaning if you fix the problem, and prove it (i.e. recipt for new bulb/fuse etc) they will cut the cost or throw the ticket out. Check with what ever court the ticket says to mail the fine too.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do your brake lights work? If the lower brake lights don't work, but the center high mount stop lamp still works, then the multifunction switch could definitely be the cause. You may be able to just replace the hazard switch though. It is available separately, but we would need to know what it is you are driving to lend better advice.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
x2 on fuse. if it was a bad bulb, it would make a fast blinky sound when you signal.
not all blown bulbs will do that!.... only if the broken filament is in contact with the another part of the bulb or has designated itself as a ground

Old 10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by reelbroke2
not all blown bulbs will do that!.... only if the broken filament is in contact with the another part of the bulb or has designated itself as a ground
hmmm. good to know. I stand corrected then.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Beginning Member

Its a 97 chevy blazer 4 dr. The officer said my tail lights were working I checked the fuse and its good.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do your hazards work? Check your brake lights yourself to be sure.

Quick Reply: Blinkers got me a Ticket