2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Body mounts price

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:35 PM
bizzs is on a distinguished road
Default Body mounts price

I have a 95 Blazer that is in need of new body mounts. Can anyone post a link, or recommend where I can get them cheap? I have been searching the net and I am not sure on which ones I should purchase.. Any insight would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Bizzs

Old 08-27-2012, 05:27 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...you may be able to get them cheap from a wide variety of vendors,but you ARE aware of the intensity of the labor involved to replace them,are you not? Is your unit worth it? From what I have read it is akin to removing the body from the frame as well as removing most of the interior. I am sure I may be wrong,as will soon be verified by others here;but:is this 95 in good enough condition to warrant this job? Details would be appreciated! Best to you!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the response.. The bushings are worth replacing because I just invested close to a grand into the blazer, replacing the entire steering, suspension, brakes, cat to the exhaust etc. I did the work myself and got the parts from my friend at cost, who owns an autoparts store. This was my son's vehicle and he passed it onto my 16 year old daughter who really wants it to be her first vehicle. (Teenagers! lol) I have to say that the investment was worth it because we looked at cars in that price range and the majority of them were junk.. Any how, I know the bushings are going to be a project and I have the tools and garage to do the job. I am looking for the most cost effective price for the bushing and if you or someone can direct me in the right place, I would really appreciate it. The cheapest price I found on the net was for 134.00..

Thanks,
Bizzs

Last edited by bizzs; 08-27-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by step66
Well...you may be able to get them cheap from a wide variety of vendors,but you ARE aware of the intensity of the labor involved to replace them,are you not? Is your unit worth it? From what I have read it is akin to removing the body from the frame as well as removing most of the interior. I am sure I may be wrong,as will soon be verified by others here;but:is this 95 in good enough condition to warrant this job? Details would be appreciated! Best to you!
What are you talking about?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bizzs
Thanks for the response.. The bushings are worth replacing because I just invested close to a grand into the blazer, replacing the entire steering, suspension, brakes, cat to the exhaust etc. I did the work myself and got the parts from my friend at cost, who owns an autoparts store. This was my son's vehicle and he passed it onto my 16 year old daughter who really wants it to be her first vehicle. (Teenagers! lol) I have to say that the investment was worth it because we looked at cars in that price range and the majority of them were junk.. Any how, I know the bushings are going to be a project and I have the tools and garage to do the job. I am looking for the most cost effective price for the bushing and if you or someone can direct me in the right place, I would really appreciate it. The cheapest price I found on the net was for 134.00..

Thanks,
Bizzs
The bushings are really not going to be that hard to be honest. The hardest part will be getting the old ones out. the bolts are a PITA. Look around for bushings and find the best price, try to stay away from the OEM rubber style. try to get the poly ones. little more expensive, but worth it from what I have heard.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 PM

Can you recommend someone that sells these bushing at a reasonable price?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
Old 08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Starting Member
chcknugget is on a distinguished road

$130 shipped is about what I payed for the poly bushings.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Did you check ebay?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 PM

Yeppers, I did check ebay.. I just ordered them from energySuspensionParts.com for 137.00

Quick Reply: Body mounts price