2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Bravada all wheel drive tccm

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road
Default Bravada all wheel drive tccm

ugh I'm so frustrated I could spit. if I stay with AC Delco do I have to buy new or can I buy remanned tccm? what's the difference between orange and green connector? Besides color LOL...if I replace the tccm with an AC Delco for my awd 99 Bravada do I have to reprogram it somehow? Or is it Plug and Play? I just spent all day literally and $130 for a shop to tell me exactly what I already knew gerrrrr

Last edited by bravo99; 11-13-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:37 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bravo99
ugh I'm so frustrated I could spit. if I stay with AC Delco do I have to buy new or can I buy remanned tccm? what's the difference between orange and green connector? Besides color LOL...if I replace the tccm with an AC Delco for my awd 99 Bravada do I have to reprogram it somehow? Or is it Plug and Play? I just spent all day literally and $130 for a shop to tell me exactly what I already knew gerrrrr
Get one of these https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...SABEgJjoPD_BwE

orange connector is for NP8 4-button Auto 4WD
green connector is for NP4 AWD
blue connector is for NP1 3-button 4WD

If you buy an AC Delco, it will be a new generic TCCM that will need programmed. For example same TCCM might fit a 1998 Blazer and a 2004 Avalanche (both with NP8) but require different programming which a dealer can certainly do with their Tech 2. So the dealer doesn't have to stock so many P/Ns this way.

If you buy a Cardone remanufactured TCCM, they pre-program the generic TCCMs for tighter applications and then sell them under different P/N's. For example the same 1998 Blazer and 2004 Avalanche with NP8 would almost certainly have different Cardone P/N's because of the programming. Cardone TCCMs are plug and play.

Last edited by LesMyer; 11-15-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Starting Member

super awesome thank you so much!!!

Old 11-15-2019, 07:31 PM
BravadaJunk is on a distinguished road

The one thing I noticed is that the Orange connector has a different plug "key" layout than the green. So, the orange has a slot in the middle and one on the edge. The green has a slot in the middle and one about 1/4 of the way. So they are not interchangeable.

Last edited by BravadaJunk; 11-15-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:47 PM
Starting Member

thanks bravadajunk that makes sense, did you see the color coding mentioned above? each one is for the different control panels on our trucks. the green one is for our all-wheel-drive bravadas only. the other two relate to the three or four button switchable tcases. you guys are the bomb you know that right?

Old 11-15-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by bravo99
thanks bravadajunk that makes sense, did you see the color coding mentioned above? each one is for the different control panels on our trucks. the green one is for our all-wheel-drive bravadas only. the other two relate to the three or four button switchable tcases. you guys are the bomb you know that right?

My 1998 AWD (NP4) Smartrak has an orange connector. I'm going off the pictures that I see, and none of the non-orange computers will fit mine.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Starting Member

wow....grrr... I'll have to look at mine now haha.
EDIT: yes sir I do have the green one. I wonder why yours is a Bravada and still has the four button 4WD connector... I gooped mine up with a Dielectric grease and plugged it back in to see if it would make a difference. The black four blade pin plug had two blades corroded but surface only. nope, the internal short is not just a bad connection. grrr.

Last edited by bravo99; 11-24-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Starting Member

okay so today we replaced the tccm with a Cardone pre-programmed reman. dry roads here today so I can't really test it since I can't really switch it cuz it's a Bravada. not holding my breath don't want to turn blue LOL

Old 12-02-2019, 11:52 AM

SO what did the connector look like compared to the one in yours?

Old 12-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Starting Member

my connecter and my tccm are both green with a separate black 4-pin blade. I just ordered the one that would look the same as the harness on my truck because it was all so green. that corresponds with the np4 awd that cardone shows is only available for the Bravada 98-01. but remember that's because Cardone pre-programmed their vehicles tccms tightly. so it very well may be that the Astro Vans and other non-selectibles have the Green harness. if yours truly is the Bravada with the smart track it almost sounds like either someone switched your harness or GM did, to the orange four button that includes AWD....wierd.

Last edited by bravo99; 12-02-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Bravada all wheel drive tccm