2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Maxboost25psi is on a distinguished road

Here is the fuse panel removed...I got a sneaky feeling that silver push in isnt stock either...hmmmm

I dont know for the life of me how I am going to be able to test for a parasitic drain if I cant keep the door open w/o setting off dome lights and door swtich....

Attached Thumbnails Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?-fusepanelopen.jpg  

Last edited by Maxboost25psi; 02-04-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

The little button is probably the valet button/switch for an alarm of some sort. Your door button looks different that the door button on my 96, mine has a plastic button that sticks out about an inch. There is also a door handle switch that will turn on the interior lights. To the best of my knowledge there is no override button like on the newer blazers on the 96.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Maxboost, do you happen to have a new driver door mirror on that blazer? because that plug in the dash looks like it should be behind the door panel in the access holes for the nuts to the door mirrors. you can drop the panels under the dash and see if you find then button to trigger the dome lights. ALL blazers had them, yours has to be somewhere. they should look something like this.
just the black part, the white part stays behind the dash.
you can also keep the dome lights off by pressing this button.

dome light override button

Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 AM

Thanks for the replies....

If I can get off work early enough today, I will tear into the underside dash in attempt to locate the AWOL door switch....

Will report back soon as I got something to go with....

It would be nice to do that drain test on her.

Heres a quick question also...the little dome lights in the console over head....if one is burned out and just happens to be left in the "on" position...will that cause a drain? If the bulb is dead and there is no illumination...will it still cause a "draw" on the electrical side so to speak?

I got two of the dome lights that are dead as a door nail....

Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

A burned out bulb won't cause a draw, but the relay that turns on the bulb would cause a draw.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the replies guys...I am determioned to get it fixed up....

Here is a picture of my switches...unfortunaltey, no over ride button

Attached Thumbnails Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?-switches.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM

Here is a connector I found up in the dash...there is a couple more, but are rectangular in shape, so doubt those are for the door switch....think this one is it, minus the black plunger part?

Might order another one and see if that helps out my situation at all.......

Attached Thumbnails Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?-doorswitch.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Maxboost25psi
Here is a connector I found up in the dash...there is a couple more, but are rectangular in shape, so doubt those are for the door switch....think this one is it, minus the black plunger part?

Might order another one and see if that helps out my situation at all.......

thats the one! i would imagine that someone pulled the dash at some point and forgot to disconnect that and ended up pulling it out by accident. i have done that before. but that would be the dome light switch, well half of it anyway.
and about the dome light override button, i couldnt remember what year that they changed that over and added that. sorry. but at least you knew what i was talking about. good luck with fixing everything, if you get a new dome light door switch, you should be able to unplug that white piece and just plug in the new one. i think that you have to put it through the dash from the outside and then plug it in from under the dash. they should only be a few buck from the dealer if they even have any. the cheapest one is like $5 at rockauto.com plus shipping. they are under electrical switch and relay under door jamb switch.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Okey dokey...got the new door light switch thingy...dropped dash panel, scraped hand all to hell and installed it. The lights still act as they did prior...I can have the door open and push in the door switch and the dome lights remain on.....I held the damn thing for like three minutes and it never went off.

So again, my question is how in Sam Hell does the light know the door is open....its got me baffled. If I cant get that light out, I can not load test for the parasitic drain.......

Getting stumpped over here..........

Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM

Well wont get a chance to further look into Blazer until tomorrow, but wanted to report these numbers from my multi-meter and ask you guys opinion...

Fully charged battery reading : 12.58
Charge reading after sitting 24 hrs: 12.09
Charge while idling: 14.32

any concerns right off? Would a drop overnight of 0.49 be of any concern?

Last edited by Maxboost25psi; 02-07-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?