2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

CarGaugePro reads these fields? / TCC lockup

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:46 AM
pitt2943 is on a distinguished road
Default CarGaugePro reads these fields? / TCC lockup

2004 Blazer, 4 Door, 4x4

Can somebody check if CarGaugePro is reading these fields please?

Accelerator Pedal Angle
Accelerator Pedal Position
TCC Brake Pedal
TCC Brake Switch
Throttle Position Angle

All read ZERO for me or OFF for Brake Pedal/Switch except one that reads "3" no matter what. Any idea why this might be? Why would it even show them as available PIDs if it can't actually read them? Any way to read TPS signal or Brake Switch signal? Any new technologies out there to read these things? Bi-directional would be nice but last I checked..HPTuners seems a good solution but $500+

Troubleshooting a TCC lockup problem..I *think* I got it but this would help. TCC lockup has been haunting me for months. TCC and PWM solenoids ohmed out good, switched ground has continuity to PCM and ohmed out good, TPS has 5v reference and varies well, signal has good continuity to ECM. Brake switch had 1 of 3 contact pairs eroded..looks like it was welding. I smoothed it up and have a new brake switch. Did full trans flush out the cooler line..used the newer Dexron version than it shipped with..I understand it's backwards compatible. Has a Corvette servo, installed myself with no issues before or directly after. If I had to guess..it's the TPS being intermittant.

The only thing that concerns me is it *SEEMS* to me that if I reset the computer, disconnect battery ground for 30+ mins..it seems to lockup great but I *THINK* the problem returns eventually. I even opened the PCM and examined..no obviously burnt components, all solders look good.