2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Clicker Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:56 PM
ddolin is on a distinguished road
Default Clicker Noise

Hey guys. Hows everybody been? I've been great my sister got married yesterday. We (meaning my parents and i) let them use the bravada to make some trips to pick up their friends at the airport. Well I moved the car and when i put the key in the igniton the blinker "click" noise was "clicking" without either of the outside turn signals being illiuminated nor the dashbord right/left arrows being illiuminated and without activiating the turn signals. It does not occur while depressing the brake pedal. I looked around a bit and I heard it could be a heater relay? The clicking noise is random and doesn't seem to be constant. I would love some help. Everything else with this automobile is great and couldnt be better!
-Thankyou for your time!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Vehicle details? We know it's a Bravada, but what year?

The 98+ trucks have been known to have hazard switch issues. If fiddling with the hazard switch doesn't cure the problem, the next thing I would do is replace the hazard switch itself. There is a good how-to in the Tech Article (DIY) section which you can find by using the index link in my signature below.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

mine does this, ususally more often when its cold outside, if you can live with it, im betting it will disappear with warmer weather

Old 03-22-2011, 11:16 AM
ddolin is on a distinguished road

Its a year 2000 oldsmobile bravada. Like I said the outside turnsignals are not illuminated but when i flick the switch it illuminated both on the dashborad and the outside light when its supposed to. I got the dash apart right now. I think theres a relay and when i have the blinker on i pinpointed the source of the sound to this relay. I squeezed it and the sound kinda dampens so maybe ill take it out and replace it. Is there a way to test it ohm test? Im not real familar with electrical but my father has been and electrical technician for 33 years so i know more than most people but still not enought to keep me confident.
and blazing loud its warming up in michigan were out of the freezing weather so i wouldnt say its an issue with temperature. This started happening this saturday. : (

Last edited by ddolin; 03-22-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: ADD WORDS
Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could try replacing the flasher, but I doubt it is your problem... As I already stated, it is likely a problem within the multifunction switch, specifically the hazard switch portion. You can read up on this by searching for "clicking+dash+brake".