2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

code0446

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 04:49 PM
nslide10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default code0446

i got a 0446 code it says its a evap emission control circuit malfunction but i have no clue what it is or which 1 it is. can some1 tell me whats gonna need to be replaced to fix the code cuz i dont kbnow. thank you

Old 01-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: code0446

Did you happen to just fill up your gas tank? If so, did you round it off to the nearest dollar and do you generally keep filling past the nozzle clicking off the first time?

The first thing I normally suggest is to not overfill (keep going past the nozzle shutting off) the gas tank. Next would be to make sure that you click your fuel cap atleast 3 times before closing the fuel door. If that doesn't work, you may have a faulty fuel cap. If that doesn't fix it, then you have to inspect all of the vacuum lines in the evap system (from the intake back to the tank and into the charcoal canister) and last, there is an evap purge solenoid that seals to ensure that the system can hold a vacuum, if it doesn't seal properly...

Let me know as to the questions I have asked and we can go from there.