2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

converter clogged??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Beginning Member
redDragon96 is on a distinguished road

so did you get zedartwo's truck running properly? if so what did you do other than the splice pack and cap? i came up with an o2 socket so im gunna swap out the senser tonight when i get home from work. it might not be the source of my problems but i know its bad so im gunna do it anyway

Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by redDragon96
so did you get zedartwo's truck running properly?
nope. Brad has been busy the last week or so with his new job. so unless he has had another shop check into his fuel pressure readings, neither of us know wha it's actually running @.

i was talking to him on Friday afternoon, and it's still doing the same s**t. seems the truck wants to us to spend some more time on it.

but i think there is something in the works for it.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Beginning Member

ok. thanks for all the info and quick replys. if you guys figure somethin out let me know. i am gunna go out right now and swap my o2 sensor and i will come back on after and let you know.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Beginning Member

i changed my o2 sensor and like i expected no change. i think its throwin diff codes now, when i first started it up i didnt have an ses and after it ran for about ten minutes it came on and the rpms went up to about 2k. so tomorrow im gunna try to take it to have the codes pulled.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Beginning Member

update: i pulled my code today turns up a p0134. same sensor i just changed. once again i am clueless and in need of advice. thanks for any and all help in advance

Old 02-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you diagnose the code before replacing the sensor?

Old 02-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Beginning Member

are you asking did i know if the sensor was bad before i replaced it? if so yes

Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the code came back, then evidently the sensor wasn't the whole problem. The link I provided earlier will get you through the rest of the diagnosis.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Beginning Member

alright thanks i will check it out. i drove the blazer to woek today and the ses light hasnt been on. it has been acting up most of the time but no ses. i also have a new sypmtom, the truck will bogg down and surge when accelerating and cruising. on top the the other sympthoms i am having.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:53 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

You need to have a scanner hooked up while you are driving this thing. I had a sensor that was shorting to ground intermittedly. It was killing the signal to the TPS, EGR, MAP ect. Engine would surge at start up, Then lose power while cruising down the road. Only way I caught what was happening was watching the live data stream. Spent a couple hours researching but after everything was said and done, it only cost me $43 for the failed sensor

Quick Reply: converter clogged??