2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Coolant resivour over flowing and boiling! help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Chadoo951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coolant resivour over flowing and boiling! help

I get home today after coming back from work. Park my blazer in my garage, close my door, And almost go inside.

But then I hear bubling. And it was getting louder and louder. So my first thought was to open my hood.
But, then I hear the sound of liquid hitting the pavment and think oh crap im gotta get my truck out of my garage. So I do. Im in my driveway now and get out of my truck. look into my garage and see a big brown water type trail following my truck.

So I open the hood and see that the coolant resivour was boiling and coming out of the over flow tube and hitting the floor.

My first thought was GREAT!... jut what I need. But then I think, isnt collant a neon green type of color.
So if im correct it got me woundering what was in there.

but now my engine has cooled and I re-checked my coolant resibour. And it was empty.
So what should I do?
just fill it back up with the neon green colored coolant?
Or what. because I dont know what to do from here and I dont want my engine overheating

Thank you for your help in advance!
Chad

Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
fernandoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Coolant resivour over flowing and boiling! help

Get a new 16 psi rad cap, refill the rad and test. Mine did that too and was the rad cap only.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Coolant resivour over flowing and boiling! help

Nope factory coolant is Orange (DexCool) only good for 5yrs 100K miles, it is made for GM by Texaco/Havoline. You can mix with neon green stuff but you will lower the mileage that the DexCool provides. You may have to change every two yrs or 30K miles, or the recomended information by the manufacturer...I recently flushed my engine of the DexCool, since my truck is over 120K in miles I just figured that it would be better to use a shorter life coolant since I will probably be replacing parts for the next few years...