2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Cranks...Cranks...Cranks...no Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope it all works out for you.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the running of this vehicle degrade over time or did it run great one day and die the next?

Was there obvious issue with the bad rotor when you took it out?

Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Beginning Member
nyjeepman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tony H
Did the running of this vehicle degrade over time or did it run great one day and die the next?

Was there obvious issue with the bad rotor when you took it out?
Tony, it is hard for me to answer your first question because it is my girlfriend's blazer and I wasn't driving it everyday. I can tell you that the times I did drive it I really didn't notice much of an issue with the performance. Again, the problem I had was when it sat for more than a couple days (like if it wasn't driven over the weekend) I had trouble starting it more than once. Once I did get it started and she was driving it everyday there was no problems.

The rotor didn't look that bad too me when I pulled it out. I noticed more oxidation on the inside of the distributor cap's contact points then any obvious issues with the rotor. But, the truck didn't run with the new cap & wires, only after I installed the new rotor.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Beginning Member
nyjeepman is on a distinguished road
Default Final Update!

Well after sitting since Wednesday night, the blazer started up with no problems. I noticed that when it starts up also that it is not taking 3 or so seconds to finally fire like before, it is starting right away.

Swartlkk, I know you are the Admin and the thought just came to me. I have my old ignition switch that I pulled out after I installed the new one. If you remember, this didn't solve the starting issue so I am assuming that the old switch is still good. I was thinking, I wouldn't want to sell this on EBay cause it has 9 years and 100k miles on it, but maybe it would be good for the forum if someone thinks they have a bad switch they can swap this one in and see if it solves the problem. I could ship it to you and you could be the keeper of the switch asking only that whomever you ship it too pays for the shipping there (up to you) and back to you when the test was done. Just a thought. Shoot me a PM if you want it. Thanks again for the help.

JT

Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried things like this in the past only to have someone not return a particular item. It can work, but it takes honesty and a willingness to pay for the shipping of the item.

Also, to me, it is not worth the cost of this particular part to have to go over it again. One thing that would be worth while would be a detailed examination of the part. I will PM you.