2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Crazy Gas Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:25 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crazy Gas Gauge

Ok. The gas gauge on my Blazer is irratic. It jumps around all the time, and is quite annoying because I never know for sure how much gas is in the tank. So my question is how/what do I do to fix this problem of mine? It's been like that for a year or so and the fuel pump is fine, as far as I know.... Thanks!

After I posted, I googled crazy blazer gas gauge and I found this website. It said the in order "to replace the sending unit the fuel tank will have to come out." I found a AC-Delco fuel sending unit on eBay for $40 shipped. How difficult is it to fix this problem? Thanks.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 PM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Crazy Gas Gauge

I got mine done and it costed me like $800.. the pump and sending unit it an all in one as far as I know.. might wanna check on it.. you gotta drop and tank and stuff.. thats all I know, got it done at a shop.. the unit alone was $650.. (ACDelco)

Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: KLBlazer07

I got mine done and it costed me like $800.. the pump and sending unit it an all in one as far as I know.. might wanna check on it.. you gotta drop and tank and stuff.. thats all I know, got it done at a shop.. the unit alone was $650.. (ACDelco)
$800. Wow. I don't think it needs to be done now. Does a crazy gas gauge mean I have other problems with my fuel system that I am unaware of? KLBlazer-Was it worth it just to fix that darn gauge? lol

Old 02-28-2007, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

eh...I don't know...mine's been broke for almost a year now....I just set the tripp...works pretty good....as for what year blazer you have..I don't know...but after a certin year the sending unit and pump are together...at around 600.....so up to you

Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 PM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't regret it one bit! Couldn't be happier that I got it fixed! Before it was a big headache and pain in the *** and very frustrating.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Paddle_grl

eh...I don't know...mine's been broke for almost a year now....I just set the tripp...works pretty good....as for what year blazer you have..I don't know...but after a certin year the sending unit and pump are together...at around 600.....so up to you
It's a 2000, same as yours.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

The fuel tank need to come out of the truck, then the sending unit/ fuel pump module needs to come out, then the sensor just gets replaced on the module.It is not that bad of a job but youwill want a helper escp. if you have allot of gas in the tank. Recently GM started to supply just the fuel level sensor, because of the high replacement rate. They are pretty cheap, but if you pay someone to do the labor it can still be a couple hundred dollars. Korey

Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, mine just started doing this so I may do a writeup on this fix once the weather gets nicer.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

You can add me to this list. I'm with Paddle_grl...reset trip meter and fill up no later than 260 (I've made it into the 280s, but was very nervous). I'm going to live with it until (if?) the fuel pump goes out.
Garry

Old 03-02-2007, 02:20 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

280? Best I have ever done was 230 and that included stalling twice to get to the gas pump lol. People behind me got pretty mad after the second time...

Quick Reply: Crazy Gas Gauge