2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Beginning Member
chris.niemann84 is on a distinguished road
Default Cruise Control

I have the cruise control box under the hood, and i have the cruise control cable going to my throttle.... but i don't have the cruise control on my turn signal.... does anyone know the wires inside under the dash that i can look for or how can I go about getting this back into operation again?

1995 S10 2wd column shift

any and all help is very much appreciated, no clue why or who would have gotten rid of it....

Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

You have more components that just that. Take a look under your dash to see if you have 2 brake light switches. One will have a vacuum line going to it, This is to dump vacuum and disconnect the CC electrically. You also have a CC module under the left side of your instrument panel. The wiring to the components also needs to be there. Your vacuum system also needs to be there too. There are lines and a check valve or two and of course the vacuum tank (looks like a ball) that stores vacuum for the servo. But if you just need a mult-function lever (turn signal lever) then go for it. I know LMC truck sells them. You can usually pop the small plastic piece off the back side of the lever and see if the wires are there for the switch.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Beginning Member

cool, another sunday project!! yeah, i have the air ball between my MC and Fender mounted to the hood, i'll tear into the dash saturday after work and maybe a junkyard run for my floor shift conversion and a multi-function signal. I was just browsing through my LMC online last night and found the switches, for $159 i think i'll just rig it up! LOL

Thanks for the info though, it's printed and ready for me to go through this weekend, if the weather ever stays good again... this wintery **** needs to go away, it's Oklahoma not South Dakota!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 PM

Hey, I'm in North Texas and I agree with you on the snow and cold. This might not be the only things you need. A wiring diagram would definately be a big plus. Yes, stay away from new parts unless you just can't avoid it. I have a factory W/D for a 94 but whether it's the same for a 95 I don't know. If you're lucky someone just might have needed a turn signal switch and put that in because that was what was available. Stay in touch.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer
Hey, I'm in North Texas and I agree with you on the snow and cold. This might not be the only things you need. A wiring diagram would definately be a big plus. Yes, stay away from new parts unless you just can't avoid it. I have a factory W/D for a 94 but whether it's the same for a 95 I don't know. If you're lucky someone just might have needed a turn signal switch and put that in because that was what was available. Stay in touch.

yeah my sunday plans changed a bit with the rain last night, man it poured like there wasn't going to be a tomorrow! thank god we missed out on that snow/ice/sleet/rain/freezing rain/cats/cows/dogs that it was suppose to drop on us today but it's a mud hole out there now! just walking around the truck today to get something out of the passanger side of the blazer i was sinking into the ground. STUPID OKLAHOMA RED DIRT!! anyway, i'm hoping to get the other 3 vehicles out of the drive and park it in the middle and start looking into it... where at in N Texas?

Old 02-21-2010, 05:43 PM

Just like the sign says. Keller. Just north of Ft. Worth

Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Beginning Member

**** dude, my bad, didn't even see that over there...