2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Door Lock/Unlock Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Mudlife88 is on a distinguished road
Default Door Lock/Unlock Settings

Hey Guys,

No issue just a question. I know some vehicles have settings I.E. Turn key off doors unlock, Speed over 10MPH doors lock.

Does the blazer have this option? If so does someone have the options and how to program them? I am just curious.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer
4.3L V6 Automatic 2WD
Leather, Power Everything, etc

Old 09-05-2011, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

To my knowledge, no. The only thing I know of is that if your keys are in the ignition you cannot lock the door with the power locks. If you leave your headlights on, or anything else, they will shut off automaticly.

My '06 Monte Carlo is a different story completely.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:23 PM
ZR2Daddy01 is on a distinguished road

Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
Pull the turn signal/multifunction lever all the way toward you and hold it there.
Turn the ignition to the OFF position and then to the ON position twice.
With the ignition OFF, release the multifunction lever.
The doors lock and then unlock to signal entry into program mode.

Select one of the following options for the automatic door lock (all of the doors lock when the vehicle speed is 15 mph or above for more than 2 seconds) and the automatic door unlock (when the key is removed from the ignition):

To disable the automatic door lock feature and the automatic door unlock feature, press any door lock switch twice.

To enable the automatic door lock feature but disable the automatic door unlock feature, press any door lock switch once and then press any door unlock switch three times.

To enable the automatic door lock feature and the driver side door unlock option, press any door lock switch once and then press any door unlock switch once.

To enable the automatic door lock feature and the all door unlock option, press any door lock switch once and then press any door unlock switch twice.

Exit Programming
Either of the following events will cause the programming sequence to be terminated:
The ignition is turned ON.
10 seconds elapse with no input from the door lock switches.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member
James1965 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ZR2Daddy01
Pull the turn signal/multifunction lever all the way toward you and hold it there.

Select one of the following options for the automatic door lock (all of the doors lock when the vehicle speed is 15 mph or above for more than 2 seconds) and the automatic door unlock (when the key is removed from the ignition):

To disable the automatic door lock feature and the automatic door unlock feature, press any door lock switch twice.

To enable the automatic door lock feature but disable the automatic door unlock feature, press any door lock switch once and then press any door unlock switch three times.

To enable the automatic door lock feature and the driver side door unlock option, press any door lock switch once and then press any door unlock switch once.

To enable the automatic door lock feature and the all door unlock option, press any door lock switch once and then press any door unlock switch twice.

Exit Programming
Either of the following events will cause the programming sequence to be terminated:
That is excellent info.. thanks a ton! will try it out in the morning on mine.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Just tried it on my 98....didn't work

Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ZR2Daddy01

Exit Programming
what year is this for? It doesn't work on my 97. Is it for Zr2's only?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that it is for the 2001+ only. I know I tried this with my old 2000 Bravada and it didn't work. The BCMs changed in either 2001 or 2002 to allow for this functionality.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Beginning Member
James1965 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I believe that it is for the 2001+ only. I know I tried this with my old 2000 Bravada and it didn't work. The BCMs changed in either 2001 or 2002 to allow for this functionality.
Awe poo! oh well, it's still good info for other people..

Old 09-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Mudlife88 is on a distinguished road

...so is there a way to program the 2000 or is it unknown or does it exist? lol

Old 09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

With the 98-2000, it is programmable, but must be done with a Tech2 scan tool.

Quick Reply: Door Lock/Unlock Settings