2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ECBM problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 AM
texastrails is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECBM problems

got a 2001 LT 4x4x4 blazer and the ABS and parking brake light keeps coming on and off. I already cleaned the ABS sensors in the wheel hubs, and checked all the wiring running back to the module. Everything is fine, when i got the tech2 plugged in it read open ECBM relay and ECBM valve. I took it to the dealer in town, the only one in this town too, and they want 1300 bucks to replace it. Is there anyway i can strip an ECBM at a salvage yard and then just have the dealer reprogram it? Would this be safe? I mean i really wish it wasnt the damn ECBM i tried everything i could to see if it was just clogged sensors haha. I dunno though if i could strip one for like 250 and pay 120 for labor thats alotttttttttttt of money saved

Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ECBM problems

I would check to find out if the parts are available seperately and find a local mechanic other than the dealer. Dealer just wants to follow GM warranty policy/liability by replacing whole component when in fact if this were a warranty issue they would replace individual parts and charge back the labor to GM...but since you seem to be out of warranty they are going to make up the cost of other work by charging you $1.3K...

In any case the ECBM would have to be "bled" like any brake system component, but there is a special process to that and that would make it better if a certified mechanic either did the work or looked over your shoulder....