2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Emissions and P0141 code help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It could take a complete drive cycle for the code to set again.

Shock the threaded connection; whether mechanically (hit the wrench with a hammer) and/or thermally (heat it up real hot then spray it with some water or penetrating oil to cool it down fast) to break it loose.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Starting Member
pmezo is an unknown quantity at this point

Any tips on getting this sensor off? I keep spraying with wd40 and letting it sit. Back and forth and this stupid thing will not budge.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I edited my post to include that information so as not to double post.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Starting Member

This rusted bolt will just not move. My hands are throbbing and red and it just will not budge. For the last 2 hours i've been trying to get this thing to move and it's gotten me nowhere. This is seriously going to drive me nuts.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator

If you have a blunt nosed punch, you could try hitting the bung that is welded into the exhaust to try and shock the joint.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Starting Member

So I switched out the O2 sensor and cleared the codes. It took about 3 hours to break that rusted sensor loose, but I finally got it.

Drove about 40 miles and now I'm getting p0420 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1). The person I bought the car from said the cat was gutted. I guess, now I know for sure that it actually was.

Last edited by pmezo; 12-03-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Administrator

So you aren't getting the heater code anymore? Might have just been a connection issue then.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Starting Member

No more p0141 heater code. I replaced bank 1 sensor 2, cleared the codes, drove about 50 miles, and now I'm getting p0420 and that's it.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Oh ok. By "switched out" I thought you meant swapping B1S2 & B1S3.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Starting Member

Nope... i bought a new 02 sensor and just put it in. No more p0141 code now. I spent over 3 hours getting B1S2 out. I don't know if I could have handled doing that all over again with B1S3.

So i guess now I'll need to put in a new cat to pass emissions and get rid of this code. Any recommendations?

Quick Reply: Emissions and P0141 code help