2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fender and possible break line

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member
Fosse is on a distinguished road
Default Fender and possible break line

I got in an accident about a month ago and finally got notice today they are sending me a check to get my truck fixed. So my question is, how hard is it to put a new front passenger side fender on? I have a friend that works at a junk yard and can probably get that for real cheap if not free. Also I think the break line might have been cut or something. I just noticed some fluid dripping right behind the tire. Would that be a hard fix for someone not too mechanically inclined or would I be better off taking it to a shop for that?

Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

Well it depends on how mechanically inclined your are. Have you ever done a motor pull/ major engine work or suspension work (ball joints, hub etc)?
Also can you post some pics of the fender & where the fluid is dripping from? That would make it easier for us to tell ya how hard it would be to fix it yourself.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Beginning Member

Haven't done any of that. Pretty much have just replaced starters and radiators. I'll try and get up a little early before work tomorrow and take some pictures. Thank you

Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

Hey it shouldn't be to terrible to do. The fender is just a game of memory depending how bad the fender is it should just be a matter of unbolting this & moving them back to same spot on the new one. & brakes aren't bad at all. My guess is if its leaking you prolly ripped the rubber line that just a matter of tracing it until you find the flares & undoing the nuts & any clamps to hold it down. If its a metal line it can be easy or Harding depending on where it's broke & if it can be patched or has to be replaced.

It's all hard to say with out pics thou.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Beginning Member

The fender definitely needs be replaced. I have a Haynes manual and reading through it, doesn't seem hard, just kind of tedious. And I'm not positive about the break lines. I'll take pictures tomorrow and try and find where I saw the drips coming from

Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member

I was only able to get a picture of the body damage. I'll have to wait til tomorrow when I can get it up an the tire off to try and find the leaking fluid

Attached Thumbnails Fender and possible break line-image.jpg  
Old 12-27-2012, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

the biggest issue you will probably run into is getting that fender off due to the metal being smashed around the bolts. when i got into a accident i couldnt just unbolt my bumper i ended up having to cut it into a bunch of pieces to get at the mount bolts

Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Take pictures of everything before you start taking stuff off and as your taking it off. Rebuilt a tranny that way

Old 12-27-2012, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

if you have done starters and radiators, you will be able to do the fender and the brake line. pretty cake

Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry for the bad pic. But this where the fluid was leaking from. Pretty sure it's the brake line

Attached Thumbnails Fender and possible break line-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fender and possible break line