2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

found a site that has cheap CPI replacements

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default found a site that has cheap CPI replacements

i bought my 95 knowing i would need to replace my cpi and have been looking to try to find a deal online. the cheapest place i have found a new one is from www.getgmparts.com for $257.07. i came across a site that has reman cpis (2 year 24,000 mile warranty) for $189.95 with free ups next day air shipping. just thought id let anyone know that needs to replace a CPI for cheap. the site is www.fuelinjectorwhse.com

Old 04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: found a site that has cheap CPI replacements

Where are you located , i bought mine for $767!!and where the H*llwhere you months ago when i needed it!
J/K

Old 04-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The $189 listed above is a pretty good deal. I still like the kit from Lindertech.com that is $300 a refurbished CPI unit, upgraded FPR, new nut kit, plenum gasket, and a new EGR gasket w/ integrated screen.

$767??? WOW! I've been touting Lindertech.com for years here... You got shafted!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Starting Member

i live in indiana theyre down by indy i think. i bet theyd charge me sales tax on that so ill either buy the used one or a new one online with free shipping and no sales tax. not to get off subject but i thought you cant replace the fpr on the cpi unit.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can change it, but it requires a little bit of work to do so. Lindertech.com has a kit to install the later model SCFI FPR into the CPI spider. Just requires a bit of grinding and drilling.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Starting Member

how would putting in the SCFI insted of the CPI benifit me ?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Administrator

You are not replacing the CPI spider for an SCFI spider. Just the FPR. The newer FPR is much more reliable than the old CPI FPR.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Starting Member

how much grinding and drilling is required and what are you drilling and grinding on ? im trying to decide if it will benifit me going that route or sticking with a stock CPI/FPR.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Download and have a read through the documentation on Lindertech.com:
CPI Regulator Upgrade Kit

Old 06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Starting Member

thanks

Quick Reply: found a site that has cheap CPI replacements