2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Front Brake problem URGENT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 04:44 PM
camino88 is on a distinguished road
Default Front Brake problem URGENT

I am new to the blazer so i do not know much about it and how it works
I have a 2000 LS blazer when i purchased it had about 112000 miles on it
The brakes needed replaced so i went ahead and did that nothing but trouble since
First the front passenger side sticking then rear driver now front driver brake is sticking
But now my basic problem is both sides on the front brakes pads are sticking real bad to rotors i know both calipers are working correctly
I have Replaced:
2 calipers Front and rear driver side
4 hoses all the way around
4 Rotors all the way around
2 new brake pads front back
Bran new Wheel bearing front driver
I am pretty sure it is not the sliders but i am not ready to rule it out.
I solved all my rear brake problems but now it is sticking very bad in the front and brakes heating up
Could this be in the master cylinder or it is just the pins any ideas or suggestions appreciated I have tried everything i have no idea what is wrong at this point

Old 06-27-2009, 05:22 PM
92K5BLAZER is on a distinguished road

Did you bleed the lines correctly?

Old 06-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you lubricate the metal-to-metal contact points on the caliper with grease? The pins and bushings

Old 06-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Default Yes

Yes To the bleeding the lines and could you maybe explain how to and what you are supposed to lubricate but i still do not think that is the problem but i will try it any other ideas?

Old 06-27-2009, 07:11 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

If the front calipers were remanufactured and not new replacements it's possible that they are bad..It happens

Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Default Cailpers

I took the calipers off and worked them they went in and out easy I am sure the calipers are fine could it be the prop valve in the master cylinder

Old 06-27-2009, 08:41 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

the proportioning valve limits how much pressure is applied to the front and rear brakes, dont think it would make your brakes stick on..when they are installed have someone step on the brake pedal and watch to make sure that they apply and release properly

Old 06-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the sliders are stuck. If these were not removed, cleaned, and relubricated with fresh high temperature caliper grease...

Old 06-27-2009, 08:57 PM

Where would i get that high temp lubricant auto zone? And the other thing i have tried and they seem to work fine but then they still stick but do you guys think that it really could just be the slider pins and if so could you recommend a brand of lubricant and how exactly you would go about doing this

Old 06-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Like this kinda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDU1Azqjtz8

IDK though cause mine dont have boots just sliders, but lol, i have the same prob as you, lol, i gotta go get some grease. they sell it in little tiny packages on the counter allota times too.

Quick Reply: Front Brake problem URGENT