2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel tank removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
guywm25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel tank removal

I need to replace my fuel pump and in the process of removing the tank. I am hung up onone thing. I have loosened up the two straps, removed the hose clamps off the rubber hoses. I have not yet drained the fuel because I thought it would be easier to do it through the tank where the hoses of the filler neck go. My problem right now is those rubber hoses connected to the tank, is there a secret to getting those off, I have tried to loosen them from the top and spray some lube down in and work it around. Are those hoses that connected at the tank available to buy at the parts store because it would seem easier to just cut them off. any help would be appreciated

Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Default RE: fuel tank removal

I don't want to seem rude and bump this post, but it seems that there has been quite a few fuel pumps changed on these blazers from all the posts, what I am looking for is some afew tips for the two rubberhoses are connected to the tank off of the filler neck. They seem to be "form" fitting from the 10 years of use. They look like short radiator hoses. I have tried to work lube down in them, but they don't want to break loose. All nuts and straps have been loosened but I just can't get past the hoses without damaging them. This is the first time that I have ever had to change one in tank. I am sure everyone would agree that they are encountering alot of firsts with these blazers, it sucks,but has beengreat learning how to repairthemfrom this site,every blazer owner that I see,I do recommend this site. Not to sound pathetic, but please any assistance would be appreciated, my blazer has been sitting for 2 mths due to various factors

Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Just called napa they sell the hose by the foot I'm cuting the S.O.B's

Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 PM
2drblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

let me know how it goes im having someone do my tank tomorrow in my 99 2dr blazer v6 vortec
i found out theres a gas leak the first time i put a full tank in i bought the blazer bought 3 weeks ago and it stalled out 3 times on me so far so im just going to put a new tank in and filter ill clean the pump and go from there how much was ur tank and filter?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Wish I'd seen this post earlier. I'd told you to pull of the rear bumper, gives you better access to the tank and the hoses. They are a PITA but doable.