2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Good fuel pressure CFI not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Pat, we'll be here

Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Beginning Member
hotrodln is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=spittybays;576894]
Listen I would still go through diagnostics on this. On the diy section there is a fuel system section.
QUOTE]
Hey I looked through the DIY section and could not find the writeup on diagnosing the CFI. I'd like to do that before i spend allot of time changing out the pump again. can you point me in the right direction? thanks

Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The article in the DIY section is for 1996 & newer, your 1995 has a different system with different specs. Post #9 explains what you need to do next.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 AM
spittybays

If the wires to the pump check Ok as in post #9 and your fuel filter is OK and your getting 45 dead ended. You need a new delco pump.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member

yeah i plan on checking those wires first when i get under there next weekend. I guess it wouldn't surprise me if the pump died already. i had that happen on my son's mitsubishi that we rebuilt toehter. i put in a new pump " just to insure reliablilty on his old car" then 6 months later he's borrwoing my car becuase he had no fuel pressure. Two weeks ago i had to pull the fuel pump on our 04 escalade- the thing rusted through and starting leaking gas! that was fun! Too bad GM doesn't give folks a little metal panel- held on with 4 screws....so we can change these pumps without having to go through all this baloney! it seems that all the foreign cars i work on have easy access to the fuel pump. why can't our friends at GM help us backyard mechanics! most of my cars are GM!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

yea,i have a sonoma now,and whenever the pump dies,im lifting the bed.

make sure you buy a oem pump,not something "about as good" our trucks are picky.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Beginning Member

i always buy the best pumps- this time i probably screwed up! the gas tank came complete with the pump already installed....probably a nice little chinese one to save somebody money!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
spittybays

Yea not like the good Mexican ones the factory put's in.

Just Kidding OK!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member

Funny you mention that....i had replaced the leaking oil cooler lines with new ones from NAPA...damn things leaked in less than a year...it really ticked me off! if youve ever had to do that job you know what i mean....so i pulled them off- MADE IN CHINA! so i got new ones from GM...it said made in Mexico.....they've been on there for probably 8 years now and haven't leaked at all! I bought a new fuel pump relay today from Carquest Auto...made in China. how sad is that?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Uh oh, AC Delco or Delphi only on these things.... unless you like replacing stuff over and over... something like the China oil lines.

Quick Reply: Good fuel pressure CFI not working