2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hard start/excessive crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:15 PM
cc4usa is on a distinguished road

try injectorwarehouse.com i got one for my 95 and it was running smooth in about an hours time and no problems with it since. so even though its a reman im happy

Old 11-27-2009, 06:52 PM
rcravincase is an unknown quantity at this point

alrighty, thanks guys. ill prolly end up doing it next summer when i have the bike to ride to work and the weather is a bit nicer to do everything.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member
bornla is on a distinguished road

Save some money. I've had my 1995 blazer since it was new, it's ALWAYS had hard starting problem, that's a Chevy for you!!! Just get yourself some GOOD injection cleaner, keep it handy, put it in every 3 months and you will be fine; It'll stop your ERG valve from clogging up also! By the way, how long have you owned this blazer?

Old 11-29-2009, 07:32 PM

ive owned it a little over a year now, but none of my other chevys ever had a hard starting issue (that was until my cold start injector went bad on my camaro). ive only had bad luck with injector cleaner, and the only rear way to clean them is by hand. i also only use non ethonal gas because it runs better without the alcohol

Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

sounds like you need a CPI injector assembly. on your 95 you can also take out the manifold tuning valve on the top and look in it for fuel puddles. thats what i did on mine and i found small puddles in there.... just to let you know, the GM dealer only sells rebuilt units now. and it still cost 400 bucks! id get it from rock auto for a quarter of the price...

Old 05-13-2010, 08:23 PM

well this issue has gotten worse, and has a fuel starved misfire at start up for about 20 seconds. what else is required to do the injector replacement, gasket and part wise? do i remove the upper and lower intake? do i have to drain the coolant?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You only have to remove the upper plenum. You will need a plenum gasket. You will also want to replace the internal fuel lines that are commonly referred to as the 'nut kit'.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 PM

do you mean the six individual lines or the supply and return lines?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

the 6 individual lines come with the new injector.....he means the supply and return lines....also check your lower intake manifold gasket. if fuel has been leaking for a long time and seeping down the intake bolt then you may also need a lower intake gasket because it get brittle and dry from the gas...

Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM

if/when i go about doing it, i planned on replacing the lower intake gasket. it hadnt had dex-cool in it very long, but im still dreading the day it goes.

Quick Reply: hard start/excessive crank