2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Head/Fog/Signal Assy on ebay??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 06:56 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road
Default Head/Fog/Signal Assy on ebay??

Has anyone purchased any of the head/fog/signal light assemblies off of ebay? Am curious as to how they fit, quality, etc.
The fog lenes on my Blazer are cloudy; the amber turn signal lenes are dull as are the head lenes....cannot complain as they are 21 yrs old.
LMC Truck has the head assys at twice the price of those on ebay; fog/signal assys are about the same though.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-19-2023, 09:16 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

In the past I have found real bargains on Rock Auto for headlight assemblies on my various vehicles. They have been fine.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:39 PM

Les; yes, Rockauto does show a good price for the headlight assemblies. They also show a fog lamp as separate, currently out of stock, but I did not know the fog lamp was a separate piece, thought the turn signal/fog lamp assembly was all one piece.
Can someone verify that the fog lamp is separate?

Old 01-21-2023, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LannyL81

Can someone verify that the fog lamp is separate?
I can confirm that you can buy and install the factory fog lights separately. I did this last year. It make a big difference! Getting everything apart the first time is a bit of a hassle.

Here's my write up on replacing the fog lights. Note that another member commented that the whole grill assembly does not have to come off. You might be able to figure out how to do it that way. https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...e5/#post730129

Last edited by christine_208; 01-21-2023 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:45 PM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Post a pic of what you want, I may have what you're looking for in my parts bin.

Old 01-23-2023, 07:52 AM

Christine: thanks for the info and link. I have had the grill off several times, so "been there, done that" applies. I did read in your posting that possible to remove the turn signals/fog lamps without removing the grill. That would sure be a time saver!
eshaw: thanks to you as well. My Blazer has the exact same issue as Christine's did, the fog lamp lenes are dull, not broken...her pictures shows exactly what is needed....new fog lamp assemblies. What ya got?

Later,

Old 01-24-2023, 06:00 PM

Decided to give the ones on ebay a shot. Got a complete set; head, turn with fog on the way. Also decided to replace the chrome grill molding as well, so the grill will be coming off (again). Time to freshen-up the Blazer's nose...although since the clear coat failed some years back....the fresh nose is not going to do all that much.....oh well...

I will update this with how the parts fit next week.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:07 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Yes, keep us updated!!

Old 01-27-2023, 07:15 AM

The lenes have arrived!...and are they ever shiny!
I removed the right side headlight as it is easy; compared new / old on the bench, very close to being the same although did notice that both light aiming screws are different. The new lens has one shorter but same "E" head, other is a normal 6mm hex head instead of being the same "E" head.
I tried to release the right side turn/fog lens....nope...just will not release with grill in place and I do not want to break it.
I have to remove the grill anyways to replace the chrome molding strip....when it arrives from LMC Truck, looks like next week before I get to actually replace everything.

Later,

Old 02-02-2023, 06:47 AM

Update: installed all the new lenes yesterday along with the new chrome grill molding strip. WOW!...what a change in appearance!
Everything fit with one small exception, that being one headlight needed a very small bit of trimming to get the corner amber light socket to fit. I also purchased amber LED 194 "bulbs" to replace these bulbs as I did break one of them. Guess 21 yr old bulbs are a bit fragile. Anyways the LEDs arrived late yesterday so I will install them this afternoon.

Have to admit that I should have purchased the clear turn/fog lenes instead of the OEM style. The clear lenes would have given the 'ole Blazer a more modern look. Oh well....

I did not break any of the mounting tabs on the OEM head/tail/fog lenes. My thinking is to keep these parts for a while to make sure the new lenes are good, then offer the OEM lenes here on the forum for shipping cost.

Later,

Quick Reply: Head/Fog/Signal Assy on ebay??