2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Heating Issues!???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:10 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Heating Issues!???

I know my heater core is leaking but does that cause the a/c to malfunction?

By that I mean on the way home I turned on the a/c & it immediately started blowing hot air into the cab - very hot! It then goes through a cycle of hot then cool air, over & over!
It now makes no difference whether the a/c is on or not. With the fan on & ANY temp setting it still does this. I've never experienced anything like this before.

Any thoughts?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Having a leaky heater core should not cause your A/C to malfunction.

From the sounds of it, your blend door (electronic) is malfunctioning...

Old 03-09-2009, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks kyle. Where is this & how do I fix it?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The blend door actuator should be on top of the HVAC housing behind the glove box, but I do not have a clue where it is on a RHD blazer...

Do you have automatic climate control?

If you do, you could try this:
Re-Calibrating Actuators After Power Loss

Calibration of the Electronic Climate Control (ECC) module occurs whenever B+ is removed and then restored to the ECC module. During this calibration process the ECC module will automatically command the temperature door to the full HEAT position and then to full COLD position. The ECC module records both the minimum and maximum door positions and uses this data, which is in counts, to determine temperature door settings based on customer selected temperature settings.

IMPORTANT: Do not select or use the scan tool HVAC menu during the ECC module calibration period or the ECC module will not calibrate properly.

If the ECC module has been interrupted by scan tool operation the temperature door will become inoperative. If this should occur then:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2. Disconnect the scan tool from the Data Link Connector (DLC) .
3. Remove the RDO BATT fuse for 10 seconds and then reinstall the fuse.
4. Place the ignition switch in the RUN position and wait 40 seconds for the ECC module to initialize.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran

Kyle, not having a Japanese owners manual I can only assume that I have the ECC although on the HVAC control it panel says "Computer Climate Control" see pic.

I'll scratch behind & see if maybe something is loose or maybe the other day I shoved the ariel cable out of my way down the side of the radio. Maybe it's jammed something.

In the note you attached it says "whenever B+ is removed" What is the B+?

Thanks for your input.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran

Sorry, here's the pic.

Attached Thumbnails Heating Issues!???-p1010001.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Administrator

B+ is just battery voltage. Removing the RDO/BATT fuse resets the HVAC control module.

And yes, you have the Electronic Climate Control (ECC) or Automatic climate control as I called it earlier.