2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hello, im new to blazer forum!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Starting Member
Chris!01 is on a distinguished road
Default hello, im new to blazer forum!

I'm new as stated above but I do own a blazer and I could use some expert advice to get my blazer running like it used too. its a 98 and in decent shape, but the troubles started bout a month ago. it started with the misfire code so I changed the plugs and wires. that solved the problem well so I thought anyways. the check engine light went off and ran fine for a week or two but now whenever I press on the gas it like dies down and jerks, its like it doesn't wanna go. I checked the mass air flow sensor and it looked dirty so I bought cleaner and cleaned it. it didn't work, I still have the problem. the weird thing is the problem only happens in the mourning on the first drive. once the car warms up to usual temp it is fine, well still shifts at higher rpm but not like it does in the mourning. oh and I didn't mention but the check engine light is still not on, any ideas on what could be going on? I love this car and absolutely do not want to sell it but I need some help.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Starting Member
MainePEPMP is on a distinguished road

Your best bet will be to pull error codes from the engine control module, as means to point you in the right direction.

Either surf the Internet, parse these forums, or buy a shop manual to learn how to do this.

You may prefer to buy a tester which will make this easier, but I believe I am correct in also indicating that you have opportunity to jumper pins in the vehicle's test connector, and then read the error codes via flashing lights on dashboard.