2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hello from SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:26 PM
basicconcepts is on a distinguished road
Default hello from SC

hello everyone i just bought a 95 2wd blazer for 300$ the only problem with the truck is the trans slips so i was wondering if i could use a 4wd trans and swap the tail shaft housing (i havent looked under the truck yet to see if it even unbolts)

heres some pics

Old 02-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The tail shaft itself is no where near long enough to be used in a 2wd vehicle. The real problem comes in the swapping of the tail shaft. The tail shaft is removed by taking it out the front of the transmission after pretty much gutting it (the transmission). This is not something for those that are not experienced with the process already.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:39 PM

im a skilled mechanic and ive rebuilt a few transmissions before never a blazer... so your basically saying i need a 2wd trans

Old 02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it is something that you feel comfortable with, then give it a go. It can be done, but just isn't something that a lot of people are prepared for.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:58 PM

id rather just find a 2wd trans i was just wondering incase i cant find one

Old 02-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Administrator

It is safer that way for sure.

I believe that you are pretty much limited to finding a '95 trans due to changes that occurred from 94 to 95 and then again from 95 to 96. If your transmission has PWM on the front of the pump (behind the torque converter), then you must find another PWM transmission to put in. Some early '95s had the non-PWM transmission.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:54 PM

production date is 94 on her whats PWM

wait isnt this trans the 4l60e thats a camaro trans i can get those all day long

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-27-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Administrator

PWM == pulse width modulated. It relates to how some of the control valves are actuated/powered in the transmission. If you have 'PWM' on the front of the pump, you have to get another PWM transmission.

Yes, it is a 4L60E. But you have to get one from the same year range as your truck due to the changes that occurred.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Beginning Member
CO Chevy Dude is on a distinguished road

Why not just rebuild it? You can get a master rebuild kit from RockAuto for @ $130. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...286340-1747959

Old 02-27-2011, 08:36 PM

i can gat a trans from my local upull for 80$

also ive never rebuilt an auto trans only manual

Last edited by basicconcepts; 02-27-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: hello from SC