2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

help with the 1995 cpi pos??? All pro's welcome

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Beginning Member
1995posjimmy is on a distinguished road

what can cause the injector pulse to be erratic? COULD IT BE THE PICKUP COIL?????????????????????????????????? please answer my original questions

Old 03-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you just check for an erratic signal from the pickup coil? FYI, the pickup coil also plays a role in timing. But you probably already know that.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Beginning Member

SWARTLKK dont take this the wrong way i just want my question answered. i have been diagnosing this thing for a week. i tested for injector pulse at the spider injector (THE RED AND BLUE WIRE GOING INTO THE INTAKE). while cranking the truck it should have consistant injector pulse. while probing it with the power probe i noticed that there was erratic injector pulse. now i was told it could be the pickup coil causing the erractic injector pulse. all i am asking is that possible. or could something else cause erratic injector pulse. SWARTLKK i am just irriated that i cant get a straight answer from anybody. i know you mean well. sorry if i sound rude but honestly this website hasn't really helped me out what soever. my last thread i didnt get much help either and i had to figure it out myself. so make me believe again that this website is a good place to get valuable information again

Old 03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

yes....

Old 03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Beginning Member

yes what?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Beginning Member
bl95vrtc is on a distinguished road

the injectors pulse timing comes from the dizzy pick up, if this is off or damaged an erratic signal will follow. a cold condition contact upon warm up will also reveal an erratic pulse condition. Why your question is so difficult is also a question of where else does the timed injector pulse program from the ECM rely on to control inj pulse rate,
inputs from the coolant sensor, the TPS (throttle position sesnor), MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, and the oxygen sensor input. All of these combines give the computer the information to regulate the fuel spray.
I suggest aldata to pin point your problem

Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1995posjimmy
yes what?
You asked a question.