2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

!!HELP!! 2k Blazer Tune Up and Vibrates?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Beginning Member
LilPudge666 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation !!HELP!! 2k Blazer Tune Up and Vibrates?!

ok well guys my blazer is at 140,4xx miles and she needs a tune up, i did the brakes a few hundred miles back and oil change at 137,7xx. i wanna know what the tune up consists of? and another thing today while idling in park my floor vibrated violantly, any ideas? i checked the engine for any sounds or differences but nothing. help?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Tune up = AC Delco electrical only. These blazers do not like other components. Get the plugs, rotor, cap, wires all AC Delco. That's what has been said in here for a long time.
MAF - Mass Air Flow sensor. Search in here & clean it, it's easy to do & cheap. That should be a must depending on driving conditions - dusty, aftermarket air filter IE oiled too much (common thing that happens).
A 2000 blazer has a EGR Valve, that should be looked into as well & a search in here will tell you how to clean it.
Try those things & let us know what the difference is... preferably in steps like the plugs, then the rotor & cap, then the MAF then the EGR. Doing things in steps like that gets you familiar with the ongoings of your vehicle. What does what & how it/they effect things.
You said it needs a tune up so that's where I'd start & what I'd do... in steps.
Get to an AutoZone or some place that will scan the vehicle for codes as well. Just because the Check Engine light isn't on does not mean there aren't any codes.
Post the results &/or search for them in Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums - Announcements in Forum : 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech

Old 05-19-2012, 12:39 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

You're tune up will consist of: Spark plugs, Distributor cap, Distributor rotor, and spark plug wires including coil wire. All parts accept the plug wires MUST be AC Delco, The plug wires can be Autolite, they are better than AC Delco and also cheaper. I believe all parts can be found on Amazon for a good price, either that or Rock Auto

The tune up is relatively easy to do yourself. For information on how to do it, do some quick searching on here.

AHH DAMN!!! you got it while i was typing... well dual info never hurts

Old 05-19-2012, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran

Lmfao

Old 05-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Beginning Member
LilPudge666 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Tune up = AC Delco electrical only. These blazers do not like other components. Get the plugs, rotor, cap, wires all AC Delco. That's what has been said in here for a long time.
MAF - Mass Air Flow sensor. Search in here & clean it, it's easy to do & cheap. That should be a must depending on driving conditions - dusty, aftermarket air filter IE oiled too much (common thing that happens).
A 2000 blazer has a EGR Valve, that should be looked into as well & a search in here will tell you how to clean it.
Try those things & let us know what the difference is... preferably in steps like the plugs, then the rotor & cap, then the MAF then the EGR. Doing things in steps like that gets you familiar with the ongoings of your vehicle. What does what & how it/they effect things.
You said it needs a tune up so that's where I'd start & what I'd do... in steps.
Get to an AutoZone or some place that will scan the vehicle for codes as well. Just because the Check Engine light isn't on does not mean there aren't any codes.
Post the results &/or search for them in Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums - Announcements in Forum : 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
thanksbro and how bout the vibration?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:51 AM
BF Veteran

Tuning it up may take care of that.. Cleaning those things & replacing the others may get rid of the shaking. Try the tune up & get the codes checked 1st.

As I wait for cherry to try to comment before I do lol

Sorry ... & MP man, hope things work out well!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:15 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
As I wait for cherry to try to comment before I do lol
I figured you got it covered

Old 05-19-2012, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran

More info & another point of view/experience never hurts!