2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

help confuesed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Beginning Member
hillbillys10 is on a distinguished road
Question help confuesed

I have a 95 4x4 4 door 4.3 with 4.3 cpi it has horizontal distributor and the pcm on the right fender.her the story going to do tune up this weekend and I thought why i was in autozone ask if they would see if it had any codes no light on dsah showing and was want to see which obd it has because Ive read on here there was 3 different ones on this year and mine said obd 1 on the fan shroud but has the obd 2 connector under the driver side dash.so he hook up the scanner and all he got was scanner error see manufacture for help so It was obd 1.5 so on my way home yesterday and had to stop at advance to check on some parts they had a scanner laying the counter and though what the heck lets see what happens because I all ways like a second opinion and there scanner said throttle position sensor know I'm thanking what they look like the same scanner cant thank of the name it Begin with a so this morning after taking my boy to school I stop at o rallys and ask them to scan it different scanner and the got the same thing as advance tps so do I have a obd2 are is it a obd1.5 sorry for the long read didn't want to leave any thing out that might help and one more thing will tps affect mpg thank any help would be appreciated first blazer owner

Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM
spittybays

Hey there Hills, had a very nice girlfriend from Gallitan, if that's how it's spelled, good person.
You have what they call a 1.5, like me, it just doesn't have all the stuff that became required as of 96. Maf, two pre cat o2's etc. ( Sorry Capt, I know not on details...me do boat's).
The first place you went to, defect scanner or person. The 1.5's, if it's got the obii connector will read on most basic scanners and will come up as obii compliant. The 1's are like jumping wirer's, counting number of of light flashes, it's like Star Trek.
You don't have that. What you you have is a throttle position sensor code.
If that is the first and only thing that comes up it needs to be checked out.
It can most defiantly cause a host of problems, some of them expensive other then just at the pump.
Haven't looked at mine since the hogs ate my brother but there should be three wires. If I'm not mistaken, one should read close to five volt's one should be just under one volt. The third is the ground that you will be passing your multi meter through.
This is with key on engine off.
Now with your multi-meter prongs stuck into the ground wire plug and the output sensor wire you open the throttle. The numbers on your meter should go up from less then one volt to almost five. If there is a glitch in the smooth escalation of voltage then you need a new tps.
Less then thirty bucks, but well worth changing.
Peace from up north, Spitty.

Last edited by spittybays; 04-11-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks don't u love 95 show there goes the pcm tune and thanks for tps suggestion just gonig to replace it found it for $21 when i do the tune up this weekend so here a another I was wondering will the after market alum shaft distributor for 96& up work on mine has the all great plastic shaft on it another brain fart by GM trust me love GM but come on plastic distributor.and was wondering can I us the fuel injector up grade they made for 96up are am I stuck with the popet one that in it just try to get the most out of it mpg and reliable daily driver .And finally there way to many cool blazer on here my mine is in a whirlwind on how i want to go when i start on the body and suspension love to fab things great site here and tons of info

Old 04-13-2013, 07:24 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

The only real problem with the plastic housing GM distributor is the cap hold-down screws can easily be stripped-out or break off. The distributor shaft bushings are bronze and are held very tightly in-place within the plastic housing....they are not going anywhere.

But those two cap hold-down screw bosses....are sure easy to break-off after years of heat soaking. When the rear one broke-off on my '95 I never did come-up with a good method to secure the cap. I think I had a piece of rebar tie wire holding it on when I sold it.

Anyways the aluminun housing is not going to give any type of performance gain or anything...it is just cheaper to purchase than an GM OEM one.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Beginning Member

one of my ears is broking using zip tie to hold it on and i know there isn't any performance up grade with the alum but Ive read a lot of people on here having to much play in the shaft and yea fore me it is a money thing right now

Old 04-14-2013, 07:30 PM
spittybays

They make the aluminum distributors for your truck. Your stuck with the cpi poppet setup. It works fine, when it's working and far less complex.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Beginning Member

that what the machine stop said were I bought it they had the hole unit read to run for $41.50 it look like mine horizontal towers and the same plug ends haven't put it in yet waiting for some more part to come and I read on Another froum that you can change to the other injectors but you have to change pcm ,wiring harness and modified the intake.to much money and time for me right now and if I was going to do that i just do a v8 swap.so the poppet will stay and replace them if need when i change my distributor hole lot easier geting to ti with the top intake off and why i got it out gone to replace intake gasket better now than later.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 PM
obd2 is on a distinguished road

obd2 diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2 HOBD2-Honest OBD2 Diagnostic Tool & Auto Scanner Supplier

<a href="http://www.hobd2.com/">obd2</a> diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2

sales@HOBD2.com
obd2 diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2

sales@HOBD2.com
<a href="http://www.hobd2.com/">obd2</a> diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2

sales@HOBD2.com
obd2 diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2 HOBD2-Honest OBD2 Diagnostic Tool & Auto Scanner Supplier

sales@HOBD2.com
HOBD2-Honest OBD2 Diagnostic Tool & Auto Scanner Supplier diagnostic tool supplier,honest obd2

Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 PM
spittybays

spam sandwich with peanut butter

Old 06-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Beginning Member

yep and if you order in the next hour we will send you a second unit for free plus shipping and handling and no that was a spam sandwich with bacon