2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:17 AM
carlos188 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Help me!!

I have a 2000 Blazer 4 WD originally was having problems with cranking but not
starting and a rough idle. After replacing the fuel pressure regulator then changed alternator and starter(probably the factory original) went to reconnect the battery and both positive/negative cables sparked like crazy and eventually had smoke before i left it alone for the night. Took the battery to get tested and fully charged for 24 hours. In the process of reconnecting starter small purple wire lead(ignition) snapped off at ring connector. Do I need a new battery to startercable or can I just reattach ring connector to wire by attaching a new connector to the wire and attaching it to the starter?

Old 12-25-2011, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Merry Christmas...
you have a short somewhere. disconnect the big wire at alternator and see if you have the same hard spark.

Then the starter cable.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:20 PM
carlos188 is on a distinguished road

OK Thanks for the info will have to wait till tomorrow cause the connector broke in two and nothings open today to get a replacement part to reconnect the starter. Will let you know
the outcome tomorrow.