2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

HELP! No start this morning, have done some tests...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: HELP! No start this morning, have done some tests...

4dr == 18 gallon tank. But there are two that are for the 18 gallon tank.

AC Delco MU85 - $290 RockAuto.com
AC Delco MU112 - $332 RockAuto.com - CODE SGJ, SFU (found on pump) - more common.

I would recommend staying with an AC Delco part. The aftermarket ones just don't get the life of the OE ones. Run a search on ACDelco.com for retailers in your area.

And no, you do not need to reattach the plumbing. That is the reason why you disconnect the MAF sensor. If you did not disconnect the MAF sensor, then you would have to reattach the plumbing. It all depends on what you want to do. No harm either way. If you get it running and want to drive it around, then you'll need to attach it...

Old 04-09-2008, 12:33 PM
havrelm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have my parts guy call the dealer and hit them up for a favor (I work for bmw, but our chain has 20 dealerships).

Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 PM

For some reason disconnecting the 3 fuel lines has been the hardest part of the WHOLE job. They wont come off! I went and bought these special tools, plastic guides that slide on the line and are supposed to slide into the fitting to lift those plastic locking tabs off the line, nope, I've tried pinching the ends that are exposted togeather and pulling on the line, nope.

So far I've spent about 2 hours trying to get these things off. What gives?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:19 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You're talking the 3 steel lines that fit into the fuel filter bracket? Yea those are a PITA.

Force em

Old 04-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Scooterewski is an unknown quantity at this point

mAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE ON THERE TOO. hOPE YOU GET IT RUNNIN...gOOD lUCK! Someone left the caps lock on, sorry. Keep us posted.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Still trying to get them off. Hours and hours, and cigarettes and swearing later.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Did you take the filter out already, and you're working with the bracket and the lines? I found it pretty easy to just grab the filter, and twist it back onto the lines till the bracket popped off. It's not going to hurt the lines, and you can always superglue/zip tie a new bracket up there if it breaks...but it wont

Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 PM

Got everything apart finally. Had to friggin muscle those retainers apart with those EZ disconnect clips that slide over the line and down into the fitting.

Then when lowering the tank, I broke this line off, I think it's to a breather (on top of the tank at the opposite end of the fuel pump, towards the front of the vehicle), I didn't see it, with being sick and tired all day, I must have overlooked it. I can't see how it comes off the tank, I tried twisting it with some pliers, didn't budge, so now it's sitting with some PB blaster on it. There's a rubber seal that goes all the way around it, but I couldn't get it to budge. I'm 6'2" / 240, so I got some muscle to work with, and I couldn't move it. Hope it's not part of the tank, which I doubt, something so fragile.

New tanks show the hole there, so it must be servicable. Any suggestions?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

to make your day worse-it is a part of the tank. I, too, broke one a month or so ago-had to buy a used one at a junk yard. But...I bought some 2 part epoxy from 3m and repaired it and will try that tank on my next 2000 ish Blazer. Then drive it for awhile and see if the ses lite comes on or if the evap test runs sucessfully, indicating to me that my 'fix' worked. Good luck-try to insert a smaller tube inside of the bigger one and epoxy/glue securely in place-ggod luck! JP GM says by the whole tank to the tune of $500-$600ish(good luck with that!)[]

Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM

That can't be right, look at any pic of a fuel tank for sale, it shows a hole there.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QRB576386.html

Quick Reply: HELP! No start this morning, have done some tests...