2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

help troublshoot!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
cathys0715 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation help troublshoot!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

95 4x4. A few minutes after running around town today went out to find a huge puddle of water (and coolant?), rust colored, under the front of the blazer. My husband came and put water in and drove it around a bit... started to get hot and making gurgling noises (the gurgling noises have been going on for a couple of months, by the way).
Now, we are having to add water after 15-20 minutes of in town driving.

He replaced the water pump- no help at all. Any ideas? I know it's late but I have to work tomorrow and rely on this vehicle

Edited to add: Oh... he did NOT replace the water pump. Said he visually inspected it and it is not leaking... cannot find the leak. The initial puddle of water on the ground was HUGE, not a small/slow leak! Could it still be water pump even tho it looks okay and he can't see the leak?

Last edited by cathys0715; 09-30-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: update and more info
Old 09-30-2009, 11:46 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, without being able to see the truck, nobody can say for sure where the leak is from. Radiator, water pump, radiator or heater hoses, radiator cap, manifold gasket. You will have to examine the engine to see where the coolant is coming from. If the puddle is as big as you say, my guess would be the radiator or one of the hoses.