2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

High Idel

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:43 PM
FreeBird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default High Idel

[:@]I had a friend do theintake on my
1996 S-10 Blazer LT 4.3 lt vin code Wauto 4x4

My issue is I drove it not more then 15 miles then it just started jerking, I thought it might be the trany so I parked it and towned it home. Went out to start it and BAM idels at about 3 to 4 K, what the (****())()(*()(*^*&&% I thought.

Guess that is what I get for letting someone do the work for me. But now I cannot figure out why its that high. Everthing seems to be in place, trany checks out fine, dont see any leaks or drips.

I have many new parts: TPS, Cat, muffler, FPR, MAS, Fuel lines, O2, Plugs, wires, cap, rotor....
Could it be the EGR stuck or the IAC?

I am about clueless right about now.

Oh forgot to add, its not throwing and SES light either. No blinking or anything.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: High Idel

Massive vacuum leak?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:28 AM
N2BLAZIN is an unknown quantity at this point

It's gotta be a massive vacuum leak. Take you a water bottle with a small hole in the cap and squeeze water all over every area where there is vacuum. You should be able to hear the vacuum leak right away. i would check for a fuel smell around the intake and spray water on the spider plug area cause that is most likely the problematic area.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:21 PM

I do know when the intake was done, there were a few spyders that did not have both clips. Could one of them pop out and cause this issue? Just a thought. The shop that did the intake said that they were fine even though a few of them only had one out of the two retaining (what ya ma call its) clips. Said I should not have any problems with it.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That should not cause this. The nylon lines will hold the poppet nozzles down in their appropriate places.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:29 PM

Its odd that it would run fine on the way home, lasted about 5 miles then BAM high idel. Maybe just blew a vacumme line off or something. I am not sure. Due to the holidays I will not be able to get under the hood of it for a week or so. Any ideas to help out when I do go under there would be great.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:50 PM

Still have not routed down that vacuum leak or high idel cause. It seems to idel fine now when cold, but once it warms up OUCH between 4k to 6k RPM idel.

I did try the water trick, but nothing showed itself. So I guess I will have to go with a mirror and look around the back side of the intake and check each line one by one.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:57 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

you can also get a can of carb cleaner and spritz it around in diff areas where ya see vacuum lines, see if the idle changes when ya spray them..base gasket of throttle body..

Old 02-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Has a spydar assembly not a TB.

I tried that with brake cleaner (seems to work better most times and does not hang around as long which might cause fire if it builds up too much). No lines are broken or cracked that I could find when I looked before. Which is why I am guessing I will have to do a one by one search of them to see if it is vacuum or if its intake gasket (which might had been installed wrong as I did not do the work).

Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 PM
zombiewoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine idled real high like that when my TPS was damaged.....

Quick Reply: High Idel